RB's

N Zone

RB's:

First of all we have not had a difference maker at the RB position since Ahman. We have some pretty good one's, but god dammit we're Nebraska. We need a stud on the Ahman/LP level. Hopefully this one won't beat the crap out of his girlfriend.

Ja'Kouri Williams-as a junior he avg. over 13 yds a carry. The kid runs a 10.3 100 meters and we are in his top three and he is coming to visit in December after the season. Fat Phil from Tennessee is giving us a real run for our money on this one. In fact recent news has him pretty much going to fat ass Phil. However, the entire coaching staff sent him hand written birthday cards. We still have a shot with this kid, but he wants to red shirt his first year and i really want to land a difference maker for next year. By the way does anyone know just how fat Phil from Tennessee really is. Since he's orange and it's halloween, I just figured he swallowed Charlie Brown's great pumpkin.

Andre Brown-is from North Carolina. Every recruiting service has him as a national top 10 back. He is 6'1", 210, 4.4. He doesn't have a whole lot of moves, but he doesn't need them. He runs past and over people. Through 8 games this year he has over 2000 yds. and 30 TD's. Grades are an issue, but his HS coaches should be able to fix that, and we need him.

Darius Walker is from Georgia and has over 50 offers. This is a long shot, but the Cornhuskers have been his favorite team since childhood. He will be in on a visit and his teammate a DL is coming with him. If we get him he starts next year.

Derron Thomas is also from Louisanna. he is a stud with great hands out of the backfield. This fits in perfectly with Barney's offensive philosophy. In fact his coach said that Frank told him that if they could the Huskers would offer him two scholarships since he is the best back in the country.

Webster Patrick-I have seen him play here in Houston and WOW. This kid has the jets. He ran for over 350 yds. on the defending 5A (biggest class) state champ down here in TX. We are after him in a big way. He reminds me a lot of Barry. And yes I'm talking about Barry freakin Sanders. If we land any of these four, we have made tremendous progress because they are all better than everyone we have right now.

Nzone

We are in the hunt for all of them, but the problem has been just that. It always seems that we are in the hunt and it comes down to either Nebraska and another team and we never seem to get them.

I think one of the problems is something like reverse psychology. Huskers recruit kids, but they(the recruit) think that because we are such a run oriented team that all the running backs here are All-American. When any one from the area or follows Husker football knows that this simply is not the case. Kids because they are not knowlegable shy away because they feel they wont get playing time until their senior year.

On to another subject about knowledge of the problem results from the limitations on contact that schools can make with a recruit. Also that there is so much negative recruiting goin on out there from other programs bad mouthing each other. Something Nebraska never does.

For example, Andre Brown has NU listed third because he feels he willl get more playing time?!?!??!?

OHHH f#*k it....we better get someone.

eric "the red"

• 2 weeks later...