NU weight room

Nice article in OWH about the new weight room. Nebraska's going to have a couple toys to play with as far as a couple tv's, but nothing like Oregan. Which I think most of that is a waste. Make get players there but won't win games by playing college football 2003. NU will have some kind of an instant messanger computer thing in each of there lockers.

The most important part to all of this is us getting back to the nations number one weight room and program again. They have the best trainers, the best machines and the best overall programs. And they finally used there brains and copyrighted their new machines and programs. They didn't do that in the past, which is one some of the schools caught up.

There best invention will be that transformer. Its some kind of a bench press type thing. It has two wires connecting to the bar. While the player is on his or her back, they throw the weight up with a burst and then the bar registars and slowly drops back down. The player then does another rep.

All there exercises, I believe are recorded on a computer therefore the next itme they come in there program is there for them.

Back to the basics boys....that's Nebraska football

***SNIP***

The most important part to all of this is us getting back to the nations number one weight room and program again. They have the best trainers, the best machines and the best overall programs. And they finally used there brains and copyrighted their new machines and programs. They didn't do that in the past, which is one some of the schools caught up.

***SNIP***

Good point. I wish I could remember the year - had to be during the '90s, I think - but there was an article in Sport or Sports Illustrated about the Husker weight facilities. What always stuck with me was a quote, which I'm paraphrasing, in which someone at NU stated that NU routinely allowed others to come and see how NU developed its then-leading system. I always thought that odd - why reveal an advantage?

It quote went on to state that NU did that with the goal of pushing itself - if NU knew that other teams were familiar with the NU system, and would emulate it, NU would have to continue to push the edge of the envelope.

While that makes some sense, it didn't seem to make enough to rationalize doing it.