Spring game Recruiting News

At yesterday's Spring Game more than 75 recruits were at the game. Considering over 61,000 people were in attandence, Tunnel Walk and a new offense that could have quite possible been one of the greatest recruiting tools ever. We may have swing a couple kids are way.

Nebraska is currently in the running for 3 or 4 of rivals top 10 QB's right now. For sure the kid from Louisania, Illinois and Florida (I think his name is Beck, he loves NU). I watched him on film and he is a gun slinger. Cannon for an arm. I beleive two of these kids were in town.

The best part is hopefully they go to other spring games and see only about a 1/5 of the attendance and it catches there eye.

There are only a few other schools in the country that can do that. OU, Tenn., Mich, and others. And to be honest they can't match this. 61,000 people to watch a scrimmage?!?!?!!

Guest Guest

no joke that was awesome. hey to the other out there from other schools what were your spring games like? big turn out?

yeh that Harrison Beck kid is a stud. he was there. has been to Lincoln twice now and loves it. the good news about this is that most other schools had their spring games the same day, so if they were in lincoln that means they are pretty dam interstred. who went to the game? how was it? promising? atmoshpere? what was the most noticeble difference besids the passing of course. thanks.

The record turn out at the game created a true game-day atmosphere that easily surpassed the fall game day experiences at many other schools. Like Redout mentioned there were 70+ recruits making unofficial visits on Saturday. The previous attendance record was from coach Solich's debut as head coach in '98 when 60,498 came to the game. The tone was set early on with the Tunnel Walk.

Callahan said he had a memorable first Tunnel Walk experience. As quoted in the Lincoln Journal, he said, "I really looked hard at our kids...I tried to grasp their emotion, and it was exciting.

For these young guys to have smiles on their faces and to be all juiced

up and cranked and amped to come out on the field, I was really

excited...They really, really enjoyed that. It's a key tradition here,

and it's something I got into as well. It's chilling. It's absolutely

chilling."

You havent seen nothin yet Coach! ;)