New 'ship offer

Greenbelt, Maryland's Derrick Williams the #1 player in the land was offered by the Huskers over the weekend.

Harrison Beck from Florida appears that he will camp at a number of places this summer, including Nebraska, and make a decision before his season starts. He has visited (unoffically) Nebraska twice all ready!!!!!! He says NU is #1 on his list. Rivals has him in the top 10 QB's and top 100 players in the country.

Craig Roark the blue-chipper from Ada, Oklahoma, who has a number of 'ships alll ready including Ohio St., LSU, KST, Alabama and others has NU #1 right now. Callahan calls him the best offensive lineman he has seen. He goes about 6'3" 290 Offensive Guard.

There's another kid, a QB from De LaSalle who has NU #1 with Arizona.

Folks everything I have read has been extremley positive. And every single one lists the amazing turn out as a highlight of there trip. Recruits will be committing in bunches over the summer after the camp this summer. We will have quite a few, I beleive 5 star type players.

Very encouraging and very exciting.......Thanks Coach Callahan

Kyle Seevers, QB, 6-6, 190 pounds (Panaca, Nev.)

Received an offer in the mail a couple weeks ago from coach Callahan. The best QB's are often swayed by schools who express interest early on in the process and maintain contact until signing day.

Kevin Lopina, 6-3 205 pound QB

for traditional power De La Salle High in Concord, CA. He also received

a scholarship offer within the past couple of weeks. He was quoted, "It

was kind of shocking...I had received some mail from them, but I didn't

think a scholarship offer was coming. They're definitely at the top of

my list."

Also like Eric said, Harrison Beck of Clearwater Fla also received an offer. The 6-3 200 lb Beck also has interest from Arizona, Maryland, North Carolina St., Purdue and Virginia.

I also looked throught the rivals list. I think in two years, maybe even in one, we will see athletes all over the field on offense. We think we may have some this year, but we haven't seen anything yet.

I know it's early , but NU is listed in the top five for many of these so called "top 100" for rivals. that has never happened before. NU has also offered to some 70 recruits all ready. And top ones by the way. Pederson made the comment that Nebraska should be able to recruit anyone, anywhere. Well Callahan is trying to make that happen. NU has offered to players in Maryland, Georgia, New Jersey, Florida, Nevada, Texas and California among others.That's covering the map.