#1 Fans

Eric the Red

A great quote from a Wildcat website called "catzone"

Few can offer advice for the Wildcats, considering the Huskers stand 101-5 at home over the last 16 seasons. If anyone has a clue it is Texas coach Mack Brown, who is 2-0 with the Longhorns in Lincoln. In 1998, Brown's first team at UT snapped a 47-game home winning streak for NU.

"You don't have to discuss it with your team," Brown said. "Nebraska's won more home games than anybody and your players are aware of that. It's their great fan support and they play with such great confidence at home. They get on that turf and they have so much speed. They've got a chance to beat anybody at home."

Texas went there again last season and handed Nebraska a 27-24 defeat, but Brown acknowledged the difficulties with winning there more than he did his trade secrets.

"You can't hear. It's a closed-in stadium and it's been sold out forever, since they first had college football, I think," Brown said. "They expect to win there, and when you take 18- or 22-year-olds and they feel that confident about something, it makes it more difficult."

Several players on K-State's veteran roster have played there already and can attest to the noise level.

"I remember standing up there on the sideline with Justin Montgomery, no further away than me and you, and I couldn't hear a word he was saying," senior defensive end Thomas Houchin said. "I thought, 'This is ridiculous.' They like their football up there, that's for sure."

Eric "the Red"