Please Help

srbbamaman

First of all will not tell a lie I am a die hard BAMA fan. Have been for my entire life. Was raised that way and raised my children that way as well. However I have always admired Nebraska and the way they play ball. Tom Osborne did it the right way and we need more people like him in college sports. All of that being said I need your help. I am a supervisor at an Air Force Base in Alabama. I have an employee that works for me that is a die hard Nebraska fan that is going to be deployed soon overseas (he is in the Air Force). He is married and has a small child. As you can imagine being a Nebraska fan in Alabama with all those obnoxious Auburn fans can be difficult to say the least. I would like to give him something to take with him that he can put in his tent to show that he loves Nebraska and what they stand for. Not sure if you can help or not. But a signed photo from your coach or a Nebraska flag or something like that would be super. I am willing to pay for what ever is needed (shipping, cost, etc.) If anyone can help with this please email me and let me know what you need. I will provide his name etc if needed.

Go Cornhuskers and of course Roll Tide Roll

sbowles@elmore.rr.com

• Fire 3

I agree - email Dr. Tom's office and I bet they surprise you. We have an employee that has fought stomach cancer and was forced into early retirement. We reached out and got game tickets and an autographed helmet. TO is a fine man and I'm sure his office handles these requests all the time. Be sure to let them know when he's leaving so they have a date to work with. You are a good man to do this for your colleague and friend. GBR and Roll Tide.

Email is good. She gets the emails to Tom. I would personally call Tom Osborne office. She is polite and gets messages to him. Tell her your situation and what you are wanting to do. I almost bet they will give you a certain store to call and then have it taken up to his office for him to sign. Then have it mailed. Heck, Tom called me back on something the day off the Big 12 championship game against Oklahoma! I was in shock. He obviously has a lot of respect for the Military. If I was in Lincoln I would make this happen for you. I am hoping their is some Military guy on this thread that will take action. Get your number and make this happen. If it was me I would just march up to the Athletic office and ask for Tom to sign it and leave.

Airforce, isn't his deployment only two weeks then? :D

Just kidding, retired Navy here.

I'm Air Force and take offense to that. Our deployments are 3 weeks. chuckleshuffle

:D

You Pansies I am a GRUNT and was envious of both your service branches. You guys were smarter then me. Navy/Air force. Dont make me share stories of smelling good, but your branches were like WTF is that smell and it was me/lol.

No not the tree poisoner. Aubarn really has some great traditions. Rolling Toomer's corner (where the trees were poisoned) and have the eagle fly around the stadium and then land on mid field before the game. All of that said I will tell you this .....a great day for me is Bama winning and Aubarn losing. Thanks again for all of your help. Oh yea the AF does deploy longer now, his is for 6 months, but where he's going is not that bad of a place so that's good.

I truely appreciate all the sacrifices our great people in all branches of the service make on a daily basis for me and my family.

RTR