** 2023 Previews: CBS Sports Big Ten win totals, odds, picks **

2023 Big Ten win totals, odds, picks: Predictions for every team as Ohio State, Michigan eye large numbers

First-year coaches like Matt Rhule (Nebraska) and Luke Fickell (Wisconsin) could also hit the over

The 2023 Big Ten season will be the final one in which the league features only 14 teams and two divisions. Next year, the league will expand to 16 teams with the additions of USC and UCLA and do away with divisions altogether. That means life will be more difficult for everybody in the league, and perhaps it will lead to a change in pattern between Michigan and Ohio State ruling the league with an iron fist.

Michigan and Ohio State entered their rivalry game last year at 11-0. The Wolverines had already surpassed their preseason win total of 9.5, while Ohio State had matched it at 11. The Wolverines would push past that total even further and then win the league for the second consecutive season, while the Buckeyes merely pushed.

Things were truly chaotic in the Big Ten West, however, where Purdue won the division at 8-4 overall (6-3 in Big Ten) and went over its preseason win total of 7. The Boilermakers' win total is five this year; suffice it to say the oddsmakers aren't expecting a repeat.

What am I expecting? I went through every game on the Big Ten schedule to determine how teams will finish. Last year, I went 6-5-3 in my projections, and if you had bet $1 million on all 14, you'd have made a $1.05 million profit. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2023-big-ten-win-totals-odds-picks-predictions-for-every-team-as-ohio-state-michigan-eye-large-numbers/

Nebraska

Over/under 6 wins

Wins: at Colorado, Northern Illinois, Louisiana Tech, Iowa, Maryland, Northwestern, Purdue
Losses: at Illinois, Michigan, at Michigan State, at Minnesota, at Wisconsin

Analysis: Call your friends! Call your neighbors! I've got Nebraska going bowling for the first time since 2016! History suggests that the first year of a Matt Rhule tenure can be rough, but the situation Rhule's inheriting at Nebraska is better than the spots he inherited before. Plus, the transfer portal speeds things up. We saw what an upgrade in coaching could do for a team like Illinois, and I see Nebraska in a similar situation. Plus, the schedule isn't incredibly challenging. The only home game I have the Huskers losing is Michigan, and there are possible wins on that road slate. Pick: Over 6 (-130)

• Saunders changed the title to ** 2023 Previews: CBS Sports Big Ten win totals, odds, picks **