Defense in 07

are we talking about the same linebacking crew? they are not putting up the numbers that they did last year, but did we all miss the injury bug that seemed to hit them again.

they have been playing almost the entire season with 4 backers sometimes 5. you know that there is depth problems when they move a tight end over to play a backup role.

sometimes it seems, we forget that these players are human and will get hurt from time to time. the biggest problem IMHO is the depth not the lack of talent.

The part of the defense that I am most excited about is the secondary, especially the corners. You may think I'm crazy but I think it will go from being one of the weakest parts to one of the strongest. With Bowman back and an extra year for all of our others we will be very strong. I wonder what Grixby will think of starting some of his Frosh year and every year from then on and then being benched his Sr. year- I think Bowman and Jones will be starting. I am not even sure Grixby will be the nickel back because of possible recruits such as Turenne and Ross as well as current players like Culbert, Thenarse, and even Corey Young (remember we put him in for Grixby some during the Kansas game). At safety we will have Green coming back who will hopefully be better with another year under his belt and someone else that will be stepping in for the first time (maybe Culbert or Thenarse).

The future is looking bright!