Pittsburgh victory

DaveH

Well, we get the W on the road which is GOOD. However,there was NO offense in the second half. I am not sure what happened, but I was nervous just waiting for what happened to happen. That interception almost cost us this game or, at least, going to overtime. Luckily, we escaped.

We got lucky, IMO, on that pass interference call. I think that was key in our winning the game.

The defense played well again. Keep it up blackshirts!

Special teams had a few blunders. I thought we should have gone for it instead of kicking a field goal in the first half, but that's just Monday morning quarterbacking.

Anyone else have thoughts?

GBR! :horns2

BTW, thanks for the new smilies!

Agree with most all your points Dave. Man we just cant string together a complete game! I saw flashes of both of our first 2 games in this one .. but overall very impressed with Joe D's ability to bounce back.. .he was on point all game..except that last drive.

Bottom line we should have never been in that postition!! AGain we absolutely dominate a team but win by a small margin. What could be causing this??

I think the running backs needed six inch cleats. On Husker turf Cory would have run circles around the Pitt D. But both sides were slipping and sliding. 6 inches of rain has that capability. Thats more rain than I see here all year. The Blackshirts played great and except for the one run back I think the special teams did ok (oh yeah the early hit). That last pass into the endzone definitely ruined my best husker underwear though. I felt JD was throwing some excellent passes especially the dropped ones. A win is a win. GBR

yeh yeh the players were slipping but that will happen. considering th conditions we did VERY well with limiting TOs yo have to admit.

and yes the crowd was friggin horrible. shoulda just held it in a local HS so they coulda had at least half the thin full. crap fans.

True, TO's were more or less in control today.

I thought we played pretty well in the first half but a couple of dropped passes in the first halp kept us from blowing the game wide open. When we have a team back on its heels we need to put them away. There is no way they should of had a chance to win or tie this game.

I didn't think we played well at all in the first half either. With they way they played we should have been up by 30 points. Countless chances and couldn't take advantage.