Even Subs are Hurting

Benard

Kellen Huston hadn't played any kind of starting role for a long time.

Hadn't started a game. Hadn't started a half. Not since high school.

So when Huston, a fifth-year senior cornerback, found a spot in Nebraska's defensive lineup to begin the second half of Saturday's game in Pittsburgh … well, you don't think a gimpy ankle was going to keep him out, do you?

"It was one of those things where I said, ‘I have to play,' " said Huston, who'd tweaked his ankle in Thursday's practice. "That's another thing that came into my mind: My team needs me now, I have to play. There is no hurt anymore."

Great read on Kellen

Kellen Link

I hope that all of these injuries can be heeled up by this weekend so that we are healthy for the Big 12 run. I think the biggest concern right now is the secondary. We will need them healthy to cover all of the recievers that Kansas and Tech are going throw at us.

Yeah the bye should help but I'm sure some of them won't play much.

That may be alright if they only play half the time. It will give the younger guys some reps against a very good team in Kansas, plus they will allow the defense to stay fresh with playing just half the time.

GIve the younger guys rep hell, we will get beat if we don't play well.