Ritchie..why I love you sooooooo

Armistead

Ritchie was the kind of Husker we should all be trying like hell to get our sons to emulate...He was a great game day player who never heard the whisle...I wish we had a whole team of these guys

I really don't give a sh#t about the off the field crap....I really don't...anyone who does is a holy roller a-hole fan....WINNING is it ...that is all....go preach on sundays...Lets Ritchie hurt somebody on saturday

And lets not forget about the Peterbilt Brothers...they were no friends of the local civilian population....but those MOFO's could ball on saturday.....

Quit Whining about Ritchie...he is gone.....lets move this board onto something else :wtf

I agree that we shouldn't worry quit so much about the off the field problems, but I don't think that we need to let it get out of hand like Miami has. We need players that have fire under their belts like Richie, but I don't think we need them to go around punching their own teammates in the locker room. It never hurts to have one or two of these players like Richie or the Peter brothers. They can be great leaders on the field on how to play all out but I wouldn't want anyone to worship them for what they do off the field.

Gamecocks

Armistead Posted on Sep 27 2004, 02:05 AM

Ritchie was the kind of Husker we should all be trying like hell to get our sons to emulate...He was a great game day player who never heard the whisle...I wish we had a whole team of these guys

I really don't give a sh#t about the off the field crap....I really don't...

Hey that's cool, but then don't get mad when ESPN will only start doing stories about our"win at all cost" program instead of our great graduation rate or great defense or some kind of a football type story.

Recruiting may suffer. In Miami they can get away with these types of players because they have wealth of players to choose from. It must appear that Nebraska runs a perfect program because that's part of the appeal we have.

Comeon if you want us to move on so bad then stop bringing it up. I think we all know the majority of fans really loved his tenacity on the field. I think someone else mentioned that he was a fan favorite, and another person disputed that - but I think its safe to say that he was certainly a fan favorite when he was in his element. Nebraska fans love hard working players more than any others b/c Nebraska people embody a hard working class. But with his repeated off field AND on field shennagains I dont think you can dispute that he was more of a cancer than anything. So he is what he is and we can accept that. That is how I feel, so if you dont want a converstaoin about it let it go yourself. or else I'lll sick Richie on ya.. :bat:rickjames

:clap There I feel better.