Nu vs tech on tv

Benard

This is great for recruiting, because players will want to be nationally televised as much as possible.

Were nebraska, were always on tv, it's nothing different.

I wouldnt say that. More and more over the past few yrs we have started to slip from primetime spots. Only this yr have more mainstream media started talking bout us again.. apparently the WCO and callahan are more marketable.. or is it just the newness?? We will see after this yr if Call maintains the level of electricity and interest he is generating for us at this point. So like the others said any exposure we can get is free advertising for us and shouldnt be taken for granted.

This is great for recruiting, because players will want to be nationally televised as much as possible.

Were nebraska, were always on tv, it's nothing different.

I wouldnt say that. More and more over the past few yrs we have started to slip from primetime spots. Only this yr have more mainstream media started talking bout us again.. apparently the WCO and callahan are more marketable.. or is it just the newness?? We will see after this yr if Call maintains the level of electricity and interest he is generating for us at this point. So like the others said any exposure we can get is free advertising for us and shouldnt be taken for granted.

There was one game last year that wasn't on tv and that was troy state and there was one game in Iowa state that was on pay per view. Get your facts down.

I could get my facts down... or you could read my post a little better. I think eric got it. you might not realize it if you live in lincoln or Omaha, but if you live outside the midwest you know that very few of our games are on nationally. and where do you think the majority of our target recruits are from these days? not the midwest.

I said "primetime spots" meaning ABC at 2:30, ESPN gameday, night games on national tv et al. not this 11 am on FSN with Jim Bob Dykes doing our game crap. that is garbage hour and the REAL recruits are watching Florida every week on ABC 2:30 naional.

I could get my facts down... or you could read my post a little better. I think eric got it.  you might not realize it if you live in lincoln or Omaha, but if you live outside the midwest you know that very few of our games are on nationally. and where do you think the majority of our target recruits are from these days? not the midwest.

I said "primetime spots"  meaning ABC at 2:30 ESPN gameday, night games on national tv et al. not this 11 am on FSN with Jim Bob Dykes doing our game. that is garbage hour and the REAL recruits are watching Florida every week on ABC 2:30 naional.

not sure but pretty sure last year we played on thursday night on espn. Whole nation watching it I believe. Plus we had 4 games that were either on abc at 230 or on tbs at 6 pm. Plus colorado game which everyone sees on abc.