RB Edward Britton

Player: Edward Britton

Position: RB

Height: 5’11”-6’0.5”

Weight: 160-170

40 time: 4.44-4.51

Visit Date: 10/2/04

Scholarships offered: Over 6, including Baylor, BYU, Nebraska, Oklahoma St., Texas Tech and UTEP

Favorites: Nebraska, Texas Tech, UTEP

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #22/***

Insiders: NR/*

Assessing the talent: He really isn’t getting notice by many colleges. Most likely because of his size. Besides Oklahoma St., no other major football school has shown interest. Last year, Britton amassed 2,172 yards rushing, averaging almost 9 yards per carry and over 220 yards per game.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% He has really narrowed down his selections to Nebraska, Texas Tech and UTEP. Nebraska is recruiting him the hardest. Apparently his entire family will be traveling with him to his visit to Lincoln. He doesn’t believe he will commit on his visit, but who knows. I can’t imagine TTech having something NU doesn’t. Although I have to wonder if one of these other “highly touted” backs commits, Britton goes elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I would say that UTEP has the inside edge. Every local paper is going to make it sound like their team has an advantage. Plus, I don't know that many people that are going to come right out and say that their recruiting visit sucked. The article said that Price had him go off campus a little bit more than what Nebraska did, which I don't understand because Britton is from El Paso so I don't see a reason for him to be going around the town.