DT is Gone

N Zone

DT McDowell was a recruit we got with the relationship built by Solich and Gill. With Solich gone and some reports saying that Gill is gone too, so goes DT. He was I think a difference maker.

We got an "in" with him when he came to Lincoln for a baseball tourney. He went to the stadium and did some testing for Gill and Solich. Frankie then went out on a post pattern for DT. They were having some fun, and then DT threw a pass to Gill that went through his hands and busted his lip. They had a sort of friendship working. Well, now DT's friends are gone and I would guess so is his commitment.

Oh, well

yes, and your gut sounds like it knows what its thinking. read DT's quotes after learning of solich's fate:

"I was hurt," McDowell said. "I was hurt for Coach Solich. He's a good coach and a great person to be around. He's a real cool guy, for his age."

"If (Solich) goes to another college," McDowell said, "I would hope they recruit me."