Talent problem??

No our talent is not to blame. Tech coached circles around us tonight. we just flat weren prepared. NO way we are that much worse than a tech team that barely beat KU. no friggin way. our team looked confusned and out of position from the first snap. sad.

This is a talent issue. What this game demonstrated is that we need a major talent infusion at nearly every position. We couldn't generate a pass rush all night. While we mostly rushed three and four, that doesn't explain it - had we rushed more, we would have left the secondary wide open.

When the T-Tech receivers caught the ball, you would often see two and three defenders in position to make the tackle - but the T-Tech receivers simply ran away from them. That's speed, pure and simple. We need speed on defense. I didn't see our folks out of position so much as I saw them unable to get to the receiver quickly enough. When a team floods the defense with receivers, the defenders have to be able to close quickly - receptions are going to happen.

Not sure about the offensive line. There were a number of times tonight when Dailey would drop back, and almost immediately have to scramble or slide away from the rush. It appeared that the T-Tech defenders were quicker than our offensive lineman - it wasn't so much that the T-Tech defensive lineman over-powered the offensive line, as it was that T-Tech line seemd to be getting off the ball faster and quicker, and making moves upfield that the offensive line couldn't compensate for quickly enough.

It could be a long year. KSU lost to Kansas tonight, and at least early, MSU is having more difficulty with Baylor than I would expect - but there are no sure wins for us. We could still even win the North, and even qualify for a bowl game. But it's going to take a couple of years of serious recruiting to bring the talent level to the point we need it.

No our talent is not to blame. Tech coached circles around us tonight. we just flat weren prepared. NO way we are that much worse than a tech team that barely beat KU. no friggin way.  our team looked confusned and out of position from the first snap. sad.

This is a talent issue. What this game demonstrated is that we need a major talent infusion at nearly every position. We couldn't generate a pass rush all night. While we mostly rushed three and four, that doesn't explain it - had we rushed more, we would have left the secondary wide open.

When the T-Tech receivers caught the ball, you would often see two and three defenders in position to make the tackle - but the T-Tech receivers simply ran away from them. That's speed, pure and simple. We need speed on defense. I didn't see our folks out of position so much as I saw them unable to get to the receiver quickly enough. When a team floods the defense with receivers, the defenders have to be able to close quickly - receptions are going to happen.

Not sure about the offensive line. There were a number of times tonight when Dailey would drop back, and almost immediately have to scramble or slide away from the rush. It appeared that the T-Tech defenders were quicker than our offensive lineman - it wasn't so much that the T-Tech defensive lineman over-powered the offensive line, as it was that T-Tech line seemd to be getting off the ball faster and quicker, and making moves upfield that the offensive line couldn't compensate for quickly enough.

It could be a long year. KSU lost to Kansas tonight, and at least early, MSU is having more difficulty with Baylor than I would expect - but there are no sure wins for us. We could still even win the North, and even qualify for a bowl game. But it's going to take a couple of years of serious recruiting to bring the talent level to the point we need it.

Good points ARHF.

If we dont go to a bowl game this yr i can see th staff surviving.. but miss a bowl game twice and hedz will roll. seems nebraskans have patience for somethin to go sh**ty one time but after that it better never happen agin.

the thing that would relly bother me is that we go from a staf fthat got us to a good bowl and then the new and "improved" staff can even get us to a bwol the very next yr?@@!!