Local Husker Coverage

DaveH

Let's over look the fact that the big three local channel's (sorry fox, you are still JV in my book) websites lack a tremendous amount of vision and usability for a second and talk about a lack of post game and daily Husker coverage from these stations. Unless I am missing it, I see no full coverage of post game press conferences or post game interviews of players or staff. I get bits and pieces of the press conferences from a couple of the channels and that's about it.

Why isn't their more in depth coverage? It's always the same thing. A few blurbs about this weekends game on the 10 o'clock news that that's about it. I want full coverage of post game press conferences and I want them to tell me something I don't already know. It just surprises me that especially in a year like this; they aren't more on the ball and in depth.

Sure, WOWT has Sunday Sports Extra and you can listen to Travis Justice spew on KMTV if you want but neither go that in depth or ask any hard questions. Husker content on Sunday Sports Extra is more or less the same stuff that was in the nightly news and some of Travis Justice's callers have a hard time forming sentences. I will give him that sometimes some useful data comes out of that show.

I think you can also pay for the HuskersNSide service, but screw that. Unless of course someone has an email address and password they would be nice enough to let me use :)

Anyone else feel the same way?

I agree.

Also anyone look at the local newspapers today. Journal Star had a bout half as much coverage as they usually do. Most likely because they have to stay on the good side of the Univ. If they bash them they won't be allowed "in." If they lose the Univ. they have no Newspaper.

Who the heck wants to cover us after a 60 point loss. I think the coverage is fine. They have guys go to the place and report afterwards.

That's when you need the most coverage. When there are so many questions that everyone wants to know the answers to.