Why do baseball players have champagne after

RedCountry

...winning their stupid division??? I posed this in another thread, but I really want to get your feeback on this. Does anyone else think its ridiculous that they break out the champagne when they havent even won their league???!!! Just looks freakin ridiculous if you ask me. Can you see NFL players breaking out the drink after they won the AFC West!! :rollin Baseball players are such candy ass bitches.

A baseball season is alot more stressful on the body than you think. It may not seem like it but it is. Throwing a baseball every day makes the arm a little tired after 6 months or so. Especially if you're a pitcher, that really kills the arm. After some games that i've pitched i can't hold a cup still to get a drink of water. Both football and baseball seasons are tough on the body and i'm not saying that baseball or football is harder, just that you put in a lot of work to get to that series and then you win and it's just a step closer the the World Series.

...winning their stupid division??? I posed this in another thread, but I really want to get your feeback on this. Does anyone else think its ridiculous that they break out the champagne when they havent even won their league???!!! Just looks freakin ridiculous if you ask me. Can you see NFL players breaking out the drink after they won the AFC West!! :rollin Baseball players are such candy ass bitches.

Why not? why do football teams dump gatorade on coaches? Baseball doesn't do that. It's just traditions.

Ok, decent point, but lets break this down for the sake of comparison..

football

-1 jug of gatorade to pour on the coach: about $10

baseball

-100+ bottles of champagne for every playoff series victory: $100+ per bottle x 100+ players, mgrs, tape guy, whirlpool guy et al.

hmm...

and you dont see every football player on the team rolling around in a pool of gatorade - no, its just one person - the head coach. And my point was about the players, who IMO are primadonnas when compared to other sports. Also, the coach on a respected team with a winning tradition istn getting a gatorade shower after winning round one vs. the Texans - its usally only coaches that havent been ther before, and then only after the division champshnip etc.

So again comparing baseball to football - could you picture Belichik from the Pats getting gatorade poured on him after EACH playoff round??? HELL no. he would rip them 3 new holes.

And the baseball version of the Pats are the Yanx - who cant shower themselves enuf with champagne every chance they get.

I know this sounds like a stupid point Im making here, but its more than the champagne showers - Im questioning baseball players overall character if you havent picked up on that yet! :)