Nothing Else Matters

You do not have to like your advisary, but you have to respect him.

That loss of respect has gotten us into trouble the last few years, with KState and Missouri.

Oklahoma was/is a great team. I am not concerned about what Switzer or Osborne did, I am only concerned with games played, and they were some of the best games ever played. Some very tough losses, but played tootn and nail to the very end. Very seldom a fight, and each always knew the knock out punch was there just waiting to land.

Without Oklahoma, Nebraska would be a no one. They made this program what it is. They are considered our rival. Give credit where credit is due and understand without them our wins would not be as impressive.

I went to bed with tears after losses to Oklahoma, but nothing was as sweet as when we won. These games were and are what college football is about. Save your hate and disrespect for the terrorist that deserve. There players, coaches and fans are no different than ours. They just wear a different red.

Finially a Husker fan that gets it.

Brother, I too have had those times in my life when NU came away with a victory that could have given us a National Championship shot. It was a rivalry that was so "different" than others, not an "in state" (Bedlam) or a "Red River Shootout" (Texass), but just different, the time of year when it was held, the stakes, cause the season was winding down and the conference title was on the line. Plus it was THE fall classic at the time.

You must be a ltttle bit older than the others who post on this site, Sounds like you remember the Big 8 for what it was. Too bad those days are gone.

I have some close friends from your state and they lament over what has happened since your AD (Petersen) took over and did what he did. Now you have coaches with NO Nebraska ties AT ALL , that must be a bitter pill to swallow, since Neb, was the only program in the country with ties back to the genesis of there success...( Devany, Osborne,,home grown boys)

We definatly made each other better, and I always pulled for you guys in bowl games, ( although Osborne would often disapoint me).

It was common in Oklahoma not to dis-respect NU, or even have similar feelings like we have towards OSwho or Texass, or Colorado for that matter, in my mind they always played dirty (Colorado). We also never had any ill will towards Kansas or Mizzou.

I know you guys want to succed and be competitive again, just like we did we Bob came to OU. I hope it happens, I'm not sure about Callihan though, and his loyalty to the College game, I'm sure time will tell after this year. I also see the heat will be more on Petersen than Callihan if things go south, but that is my observation.

gOU Big Red

As with any team, there are those who lack maturity or ability to discuss without hate. For many it's just easier.

I will say it now as I've said it many times on the board before. If NU doesn't win it all, I hope OU does.

Back in 2001 when OU came to Lincoln, the Friday night before the game, I met up with dozens of OU fans and although we traded punches, we always ended with "good luck, if we have to lose one game this year I'd rather it be you than someone else."

This past year when we traveled to KC for the Big 12 Championship game there was not an ounce of hate running through me. Not the same feeling I got when going to Kansas St. or USC. It was simple pure enjoyment. I knew I was going to a football oasis of respect and pride. Sure we traded jabs, but not so much as a hint of hate. Now that's football. That's college football.

I hope NU can play to their potential and win the Big 12 North like they should and meet OU again and again and again in the divisional title game. Everyone should be so lucky to be a part of a game like this every year. To quote skersfan, "They just wear a different red." Go Huskers/Go Sooners

You do not have to like your advisary, but you have to respect him.

That loss of respect has gotten us into trouble the last few years, with KState and Missouri.

Oklahoma was/is a great team. I am not concerned about what Switzer or Osborne did, I am only concerned with games played, and they were some of the best games ever played. Some very tough losses, but played tootn and nail to the very end. Very seldom a fight, and each always knew the knock out punch was there just waiting to land.

Without Oklahoma, Nebraska would be a no one. They made this program what it is. They are considered our rival. Give credit where credit is due and understand without them our wins would not be as impressive.

I went to bed with tears after losses to Oklahoma, but nothing was as sweet as when we won. These games were and are what college football is about. Save your hate and disrespect for the terrorist that deserve. There players, coaches and fans are no different than ours. They just wear a different red.

Finially a Husker fan that gets it.

Brother, I too have had those times in my life when NU came away with a victory that could have given us a National Championship shot. It was a rivalry that was so "different" than others, not an "in state" (Bedlam) or a "Red River Shootout" (Texass), but just different, the time of year when it was held, the stakes, cause the season was winding down and the conference title was on the line. Plus it was THE fall classic at the time.

You must be a ltttle bit older than the others who post on this site, Sounds like you remember the Big 8 for what it was. Too bad those days are gone.

I have some close friends from your state and they lament over what has happened since your AD (Petersen) took over and did what he did. Now you have coaches with NO Nebraska ties AT ALL , that must be a bitter pill to swallow, since Neb, was the only program in the country with ties back to the genesis of there success...( Devany, Osborne,,home grown boys)

We definatly made each other better, and I always pulled for you guys in bowl games, ( although Osborne would often disapoint me).

It was common in Oklahoma not to dis-respect NU, or even have similar feelings like we have towards OSwho or Texass, or Colorado for that matter, in my mind they always played dirty (Colorado). We also never had any ill will towards Kansas or Mizzou.

I know you guys want to succed and be competitive again, just like we did we Bob came to OU. I hope it happens, I'm not sure about Callihan though, and his loyalty to the College game, I'm sure time will tell after this year. I also see the heat will be more on Petersen than Callihan if things go south, but that is my observation.

gOU Big Red

As with any team, there are those who lack maturity or ability to discuss without hate. For many it's just easier.

I will say it now as I've said it many times on the board before. If NU doesn't win it all, I hope OU does.

Back in 2001 when OU came to Lincoln, the Friday night before the game, I met up with dozens of OU fans and although we traded punches, we always ended with "good luck, if we have to lose one game this year I'd rather it be you than someone else."

This past year when we traveled to KC for the Big 12 Championship game there was not an ounce of hate running through me. Not the same feeling I got when going to Kansas St. or USC. It was simple pure enjoyment. I knew I was going to a football oasis of respect and pride. Sure we traded jabs, but not so much as a hint of hate. Now that's football. That's college football.

I hope NU can play to their potential and win the Big 12 North like they should and meet OU again and again and again in the divisional title game. Everyone should be so lucky to be a part of a game like this every year. To quote skersfan, "They just wear a different red." Go Huskers/Go Sooners

Next time im in Lincoln, I'm buying rounds, I'll let you get the tip.

Boomer Sooner, Go Huskers