Drew Bowman was drafted in the 5th round (169th pick) today. Which really surprised me. And I think he's only a sophomore. Now if he's going to sign or not, I dunno...

The only other ones I'm really worried about losing are Watson and Wertz... maybe Foust and Dorn

The only other name i would add would be Opitz

On Friday, the Pittsburgh Pirates took NU junior right-handed pitcher Matt Foust with the 188th overall pick, then tapped left-handed senior and staff ace Tony Watson with a ninth-round pick, No. 278 overall. Junior right-hander Luke Wertz was selected by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 13th round as the 413th overall pick.

The San Francisco Giants took reliever Steve Edelfson in the 16th round (No. 494 overall), while first baseman Andrew Brown was taken by the Cardinals in round 18. Shortstop Ryan Wehrle, who was dismissed from the team in mid-season, went to the New York Yankees in Round 20. Wehrle was an 18th round pick in 2006.

The White Sox took pitcher Charlie Shirek in the 23rd round. He was the 719th overall pick. Also, Husker outfield recruit David Stewart was tapped by the Washington Nationals in the 31st round.

LJS

Thad Weber, a 35th-round selection of Cincinnati

Nebraska also had two pitching recruits drafted. Jacob Diekman, of Wymore and Cloud County (Kan.) Community College, went to Philadelphia in the 30th round. David Stewart, who also figures to add some power to the Huskers’ lineup and play outfield, went to Washington in the 31st round.

Stewart had been projected by Baseball America as the 189th-best available prospect, and his spot in the draft would indicate that he probably will play for Nebraska next season.

It’s unclear whether the same holds true for NU recruit Cameron Robulack, a first baseman from Toronto who was taken by Milwaukee in the 20th round.

• 2 weeks later...