top 10 husker football teams you decide

1. 1995 Huskers: No question about this--Steve Spurrier told me so.

2. 1971 Huskers: Our only serious challenge was Game of the Century in Norman. We beat Bear Bryant.

3. 1994 Huskers: Story book ending. Beat Miami on their home field. Schlesinger has two 4th qtr TD runs.

4. 1983 Huskers: The Scoring Explosion hung 48 points on CU in the third quarter. Got screwed by field conditions playing Miami on their home field. (I was a UNL student then--had great seats in east stadium.)

5. 1970 Huskers: Jerry Tagge engineers a late 4th qtr drive to win our 1st MNC.

6. 1997 Huskers: If the AP had waited until the season ended, Michigan would be #2.

7. 1993 Huskers: The year the pipeline came together. But for a missed 45 yd field goal,

we win another MNC.

8. 1982 Huskers: Happy Valley has an unusual shaped football field. .

9. 1978 Huskers: We beat #1 OU in regular season, but lost to unranked Mizzou. Mizzou cheap shot knocked I.M. Hipp out of the game. OU beat us in the Orange Bowl.

10. 2008 Huskers: Wait and see my friend. Wait and see.

You just saved me alot of typing....Great list! (especially 10)

1. 1995 Huskers: No question about this--Steve Spurrier told me so.

2. 1971 Huskers: Our only serious challenge was Game of the Century in Norman. We beat Bear Bryant.

3. 1994 Huskers: Story book ending. Beat Miami on their home field. Schlesinger has two 4th qtr TD runs.

4. 1983 Huskers: The Scoring Explosion hung 48 points on CU in the third quarter. Got screwed by field conditions playing Miami on their home field. (I was a UNL student then--had great seats in east stadium.)

5. 1970 Huskers: Jerry Tagge engineers a late 4th qtr drive to win our 1st MNC.

6. 1997 Huskers: If the AP had waited until the season ended, Michigan would be #2.

7. 1993 Huskers: The year the pipeline came together. But for a missed 45 yd field goal,

we win another MNC.

8. 1982 Huskers: Happy Valley has an unusual shaped football field. .

9. 1978 Huskers: We beat #1 OU in regular season, but lost to unranked Mizzou. Mizzou cheap shot knocked I.M. Hipp out of the game. OU beat us in the Orange Bowl.

10. 2008 Huskers: Wait and see my friend. Wait and see.

As was stated earlier this is THE list IMO. Great job and thanks for saving me from having to think this early in the morning.

I think a key stat that always gets overlooked when looking at the 95 team was the schedule that year. 4 Big 8 teams finished in the top 10 in both polls. CU (4 AP/5 Coach), KSU(6/7) and KU(9/10). It's amazing that those 3 teams all lost to Nebraska and then fell once when playing each other. I wonder Kirk and the dumbass's at ESPN even looked at that.

Same said for the 71 team: we beat the teams that finished #2, 3, and 4 in the AP. When will that EVER happen again?

I think a key stat that always gets overlooked when looking at the 95 team was the schedule that year. 4 Big 8 teams finished in the top 10 in both polls. CU (4 AP/5 Coach), KSU(6/7) and KU(9/10). It's amazing that those 3 teams all lost to Nebraska and then fell once when playing each other. I wonder Kirk and the dumbass's at ESPN even looked at that.

Same said for the 71 team: we beat the teams that finished #2, 3, and 4 in the AP. When will that EVER happen again?

The way that college football is constantly changing (as far as new teams surging to the top) I think you would have better odds of Frankie coming back to UNL then that happening. With schedules being made 6,7,8 years out it is almost impossible to predict how teams will be when you play them. It is merely an odds game. The landscape of college football is to wide open with just about every team having great players, as opposed to back then when one conference ruled the land with the talent. About the only time you may see this is if the SEC has a year when they are top heavy. If you had a few teams from that conference just dominate the rest of the conference then it may happen. But thats about your only chance IMO.

Top ten

1) 1995...ask Steve Spurrier how good they were

2) 1971...All-americans on both sides of the ball...beat #2-4 on the field.

3) 1994...came from behind on Miami's home field...unfinished business

4) 1997...had players on the special teams that later played in the NFL...best game I ever saw in person was the Missouri game....biggest "trap game" in Husker history and we found a way to win

5) 1970...the tie puts them as the fifth best NC team

6) 1983...turned many games into "track meets"....one double-extra point from being ranked up with the top ten teams of all -time

7) 1982...Joe Pa should be ashamed of the call at the end of the game denying the Huskers an undefeated season

8) 1993...field goal away from the national championship...Tommie refuses to let the team give up

9) 1902....9-0...was not scored on all season

10) 1903...10-0...outscored opponent s 268-11 coach "Bummy" Booth goes undefeated back-to-back

Honorable mention...

*1962...9-2...Devaney's first team turns it around...what folllows is Husker legend.

*1940...8-2...the legendary Rose Bowl team...first Husker bowl team