Trev's take on the Baylor game

DaveH

Trev is basically asking the players to completely abandon the coaching staff because they "Don't have a passion for Nebraska football"

BS. How do you know Trev? You haven't had a passion for Husker football for a while. I guess it is impossible for an ousider to have any passion for anything Nebraska? Sounds a bit elitist to me. Sure these guys are no comparision to coaches of the past, yet. So for Osborne's sake don't try to hold them to the same light especially in less than full year's work.

As Callahan said himself "You don't come to Nebraska for a honeymoon."

"The bottom line is, I think there are external factors hindering the progress of that team. Those same kids who played with such confidence last year look like they're timid and afraid of making mistakes."

Care to elaborate? Or do you just want to drop an uninformed idea out there for people to eat up? Yes, they played with confidence last year. Well, when Joe played he did. Which was what? Maybe a quarter of one game? You not taking into account what is going on with the program now. So really the bottom line is this. You are not in touch with the program any more so don't pretend to be.

edit: You can find a link to his article on the Headlines board.

Trev is basically asking the players to completely abandon the coaching staff because they "Don't have a passion for Nebraska football"

BS. How do you know Trev? You haven't had a passion for Husker football for a while. I guess it is impossible for an ousider to have any passion for anything Nebraska? Sounds a bit elitist to me. Sure these guys are no comparision to coaches of the past, yet. So for Osborne's sake don't try to hold them to the same light especially in less than full year's work.

"The bottom line is, I think there are external factors hindering the progress of that team. Those same kids who played with such confidence last year look like they're timid and afraid of making mistakes."

Care to elaborate? Or do you just want to drop an uninformed idea out there for people to eat up? Yes, they played with confidence last year. Well, when Joe played he did. Which was what? Maybe a quarter of one game? You not taking into account what is going on with the program now. So really the bottom line is this. You are not in touch with the program any more so don't pretend to be.

That's what he does for a living is college football. I'd say he's pretty accurate on his comments.

Care to elaborate? Or do you just want to drop an uninformed idea out there for people to eat up?  Yes, they played with confidence last year. Well, when Joe played he did. Which was what? Maybe a quarter of one game? You not taking into account what is going on with the program now. So really the bottom line is this. You are not in touch with the program any more so don't pretend to be.

That's what he does for a living is college football. I'd say he's pretty accurate on his comments.

Not surprising.

So he does it for a living? So what? I have known plenty of people who are bad at what they do. Do you care to talk to what I am saying or just agree with him because he is in the same boat you are in?

"Doing college football" for a living doesn't convey any particular insight. That comes from his days as a player, contacts he has in the college football world, and his ability to analyze based on facts.

However, he'd increase the credibility of his statements if he'd:

1. List the "external factors" of which he speaks; and,

2. Provides some indication of the source of his knowledge regarding those external factors; and,

3. Provide some anaylsis of how to address the external factors.