Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DEFINITE SPOILERS AHEAD - IF YOU READ PAST HERE IT IS YOUR FAULT!

Here are just my random thoughts, for discussion purposes (ie, you guys reply to them and then other reply to you, etc.)

I found this last book a very excellent read, and I am extremely sad that there won't be any new tales for Harry Potter. The number of deaths was very sad. I found that a few pages got wet spots on them as I read, most noticeably the ones involving Dobby's death. I was in suspense the entire book because of Rowling's refusal to touch on the Snape/Dumbledore relationship until the end, but I like how she really made everybody's fondness of Dumbledore become questioned. Snape's redeeming was, to me, the highlight of the book, because I always believed that he was acting of Dumbledore's accord and felt that the hatred towards him was unwarranted. However, I was shocked when it was revealed that he did it all solely for his love of Lily, and that he truly didn't care for Harry at all, but rather turned "good" (if you can even call it that) because of a selfish need to redeem himself for Lily's death. As for Harry being a horcrux, I kind of had a feeling of this happening, but for a long time it just seemed like wild fan-boy speculation. The introduction of the Deathly Hallows was such a convenient plot device though; Harry has to die in order to kill Voldemort, but it's ok because Harry doesn't really die np! Not sure how I feel about that yet. I was amazed at the pacing in the story, because I was always thinking to myself "How is she going to cram this deathly hallows business, the rest of the horcruxes AND the fight with Voldemort into these last 350 pages, when the first 350 had barely led them to one horcrux", very, very well done. The explanation of wandlore was very interesting as well. I still don't really favor the impossible knowledge and wisdom, of Dumbledore, who left so much to chance (most noticeably Harry and the snitch), but that is easy for me to overlook.