DE/OLB Alonzo Horton

Player: Alonzo Horton

Hometown: New Orleans, LA

Position: OLB/Weak DE

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 209

40 time: 4.75

Visit Date: 10/15/04

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including: Auburn, Florida, Nebraska, Tennessee, Michigan State

Favorites: Auburn (tied for lead), Florida, LSU, Miami (Fl), Nebraska (Tied for lead), Tennessee, Michigan State

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #19/****

Insiders: #19/****

Assessing the talent: Tall kid with a frame to pack the pounds on. He can play both Outside backer and Defensive End. He loves coming from the outside to rush, reminds people of Jevone Kearse. Could play either DE or the Outside in college.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35% Had his visit this week and graded it an 11 out of 10. Loved it all. But he has two more officials set up and trying for a third. He said Nebraska it tied with Auburn. He is from the South and it will be tough to get him out of there. Blake told him, as with most of these recruits, he could see some time early. We will need to continue to recruit him hard.

Seems to me that he is a little bit of a twinner. Not all that fast to be considered a linebacker and not all the big to be considered an end. The weight room will help him out and I believe our off season work outs were designed to add quickness. Don't get me wrong, i think he could be a great asset for the team.

• 3 weeks later...