Ross Hurt

Benard

ROSS INJURED: NU I-back Cory Ross sat out Tuesday's practice because of a foot injury he suffered in the Baylor game. He was wearing a boot on his right foot but said he planned on returning to practice today. Running backs coach Randy Jordan said Ross would be ready to play Saturday at Kansas State. "Cory's going to be all right," Jordan said. "He'll be fine. I'm really, really ... I'm not concerned about it ... but he'll be ready to go. He's a trooper. A tough guy."

This doesn't sound good. He's been kind of banged up to begin with.

ross

Im not too worried. This time of year we always have players bang up and they tend to play through it alright. Sitting out will probally do Ross some good as long as he is still focused on Saturday.

I agree everyone is alil banged up at this time but having a boot on seems alil worse especially for a running back.

If the coaches don't seemed to concerned about it, then I don't think that we should be too concerned about it. We don't even know what type of boot he is wearing.

Well, it isn't a cowboy boot I'll tell you that much. They said he'll play and be ready to play but if isn't 100% that isn't good. We are going to have to be at our best to beat them.

The good news is that, as a running back, the lack of practice this week may not be as critical as for other positions. I assume that there won't be much change to the blitz-pickup package, so lack of reps shouldn't hurt there. And the running itself is so instinctive, that you can't really "practice" it as a back - you run to daylight.

The main thing would be, I imagine, being hit - it's awfully easy to lose the "speed of the game", get surprised, and have a ball pop loose. But a couple of plays should take care of that.

I think that we have the depth with Green, Jackson, and Horne to not have to worry that much. I would say that Sproles' injury is more of a concern to K-State than Ross' injury is to us.

None of them are as good as ross. All a step or two behind him imo. Heard he has turf toe.