Running Game

In the Nebraska-Kansas State series, the team that has the most rushing yards at the end of the game has won 33 of the past 35 games. I do not think that this game will be any different. Both teams like to play physical and I think that the team that establishes the running game first will have the upper hand.

No doubt. Also consider that neither team can really pass.

They really can't pass with out a healthy running game. Nebraska might have an advantage. If one back isn't working, try another. Sproles isn't working so well, but he can easily break loose and one would think Nebraska is the team to do it against

In the Nebraska-Kansas State series, the team that has the most rushing yards at the end of the game has won 33 of the past 35 games. I do not think that this game will be any different. Both teams like to play physical and I think that the team that establishes the running game first will have the upper hand.

That was when we were both smashmouth running teams. Now we have the WEST COAST!LOL

That was when we were both smashmouth running teams. Now we have the WEST COAST!LOL

That's true. NU used to be like many high school teams. If running the ball worked, we'd keep running it. By running, we were controlling the pace of the game. It was smashmouth football, and was great.

I think one of the things that killed it was Solich's predictable playcalling. 1st down, run up the middle with a dive or trap, 2nd down, option, 3rd down, pass to the flats, 4th down, crap, now we have to punt.

It seems like he'd follow that pattern more than half the time.

That's true. NU used to be like many high school teams. If running the ball worked, we'd keep running it. By running, we were controlling the pace of the game. It was smashmouth football, and was great.

I think one of the things that killed it was Solich's predictable playcalling. 1st down, run up the middle with a dive or trap, 2nd down, option, 3rd down, pass to the flats, 4th down, crap, now we have to punt.

I think Solich usually called a quarterback draw on third and long. Its no different though. Just resulted in punting either way.

I think Solich usually called a quarterback draw on third and long. Its no different though. Just resulted in punting either way.

Yeah solich sucks. Callahan is a great playcaller.lol

I have to agree with that. It was almost like clockwork.