Husker fans ranked # 1 in nation

fmd518

That's pretty neat, and welcome to the board.

Anybody see the Florida fans? They must spend a lot of time in Boulder:

Unfortunately, the horror stories of visiting Ben Hill Griffin Stadium are legendary. Vicky Fulmer, wife of Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer, was reportedly fondled there in 1991. After a loss in 1995, Florida State players complained about getting hit by Ziploc bags full of urine while entering the stadium. Opposing fans have complained as well about getting doused with urine while in The Swamp.

In mentioning poor fans he left out USC. I know they aren't famous for being A-holes like West Virginia, Colorado, or Texas Tech fans, but talk about fair weather. I live here in So Cal and during the 80's you couldn't find an SC fan. Everyone was wearing baby-blue and gold (UCLA). When Carroll first showed up here there was a home game in the Colluseum against Stanford where there were 45,000 empty seats. Carroll has stated that that was the low point in his tenure at SC. Now, with one national title, and the fake title that the press gave them a few years back, SC fans :sarcasm are everywhere. You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting someone wearing an ugly-ass, maroon and gold Reggie Bush jersey. SC fans :sarcasm are the worst!

I like the article, but disagree on a couple of his choices...

ND? We OWNED that stadium in 2000. How fickle can you be when you can be BOUGHT OUT of a home game?

Penn State. I've experienced this first hand, and while I was impressed by 100K Yelling "WE ARE" (left side of the staduim), "PENN STATE" (right side of the stadium), our group was physically abused and assaulted by fans - mostly drunken students. We were spit on, shoved (pre-game), and harrassed as we went back to our tailgate area after our boys had their assess handed to them. Also, how about the F**K Nebraska t-shirts handed out to students as they entered the stadium through their gate. Now THAT'S family entertainment. When your head coach has to publicly apologize for the actions of his fans, you don't belong on a top 10 "best" list.

maroon and gold Reggie Bush jersey

Living in LA you should at least get USC's school colors right, its "cardinal" not "maroon".

As far as fair weather fans, every school has them.

I used to see Nebraska hats and t-shirts around here, but I don't see them anymore.

Rarely saw burnt orange around here. Suddenly after Jan 2006, burnt orange was everywhere, and people wearing it were introducing themselves to me. Then for some strange reason this past year, no one wearing burnt orange seemed interested in introducing themselves to me.

Do I see a lot of Rutgers scarlet lately? Want to know why? People, not just the University of Spoiled Children, flock to winners. Its not unique to SC.

Lately I don't see as much 49ers hats and T's as I did during their glory years either.

I don't even see as much Duke basketball blue as I did last year.

I see a lot of Boston Red Sox baseball hats, and I live in the south.

I could go on and on.

That is human nature, not a characteristic of a fan base. People flock to winners, plain and simple.

Next time remember, school colors are not an opinion, they are a fact.

Everything else you said is arguable. That's your opinion. This is mine. I respect your opinion, not your facts.