Is it the Coach or the players or both?

After reading the fire Callahan dribble, It made me wonder? . Would USC won with Joe Daily at quaterback or would the Huskers won more than 5 games with Matt Leinart at quaterback. If Pete Carroll is such a f'ing genius, would he made Joe a Heisman winner and would Callahan make Matt lead all of college football in ints? Would Bill Walsh be a genius without Joe Montana? To be a successful coach in any sport you need players pure and simple. How are coaches legends one year and bums the next? Nebraska hasn't had a Championship caliber team since 1997. That's the reason the Huskers haven't won one since.The Husker teams simply were not Champioship teams. Name me one Husker team who was better than the team who won the Championship. To win a title you need Coaching, players, depth, and some luck. Name me one Husker team that had all that the last 10 years. It all goes back to the topic, Does Nebraska in 2007 have the coaching, players, depth, and luck of a Championship team?

back to the original topic

it takes both coaching and players

here is my saying onthe subject and it may or may not fit

"You can only polish a turd so much, because in the end all you have is a shiney piece of $hit"