my thoughts, a few told you so's, a little crow eating

Travis9

Herbstreit is from Ohio, and played football there...explanation enough for the extreme idiot that he is.

Buckeyes suck...almost as much as Okies. Ohio is the next to last worst state in the US. OK comes in last.

Defense First:

1. Fast, extremely fast. Flying around. Octo is a game changer and so IMO is Dillard. Saw a lot more of Dillard than i expected.

2. A lot of rotation which is nice. Valuable experience. Both drives of any consequence by nevada happened when we had mostly our second unit in.

3. Bowman looked real good. when he was in i watched him specifically. In coverage his man was never open. He will be back soon. Grixby, wasnt really challenged but the one time he was it was same sh#t different day. He forgot to look for ball. Murillo was shaky as well.

4. d line had a lot of interchangeable parts and performed exceptionally well.

Overall very solid. I eat crow in my pre season assesment about defensive team speed and run stopping ability.

Offense:

1. Keller - cant really judge much. Bad pass on the pick but it happens to everyone at some point. Some big drops by WR. Made a couple of throws that Taylor would not have even contemplated making.

2. Lucky - I said all preseason that he was the man. That he could carry the load, that he would have a breakout year. That he was capable of 2000 total yards. Dont care who we played, he hit the holes hard and fast and was real good in the 2nd and 3rd levels.

3. Castille - great compliment to lucky. Damn he is big and Agile. very impressive

4. Glenn - an afterthought IMO

5. WR - nice to see the youngsters in there. Thank Heavens Purify is back. Nothing has changed with NUNN and Hardy Cant Catch, so i hope the youngsters continue to improve.

6. - O line was AWESOME. Keller could take a nap in the pocket on pass plays. Holes were huge on run plays. Even the second unit was dominant

Special Teams

1. Adi NUFF SAID

2. Punt coverage and Kick coverage and Kick Returns looked better. Punt returns still a mess and will be as long as Nunn stays back there. A lot of bad decisions by him.

Overall i was very impressed and am very excited for this Saturday and the Saturdays to come.

I leave you with a fat mans words of wisdom

F.u.ck Mark May

F.u.ck ESPN

F.u.ck Herbstreit

F.u.ck USC

F.u.ck KState

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Defense First:

Grixby, wasnt really challenged but the one time he was it was same sh#t different day. He forgot to look for ball.

Its not that he forgot he is coached to look at the receivers not for the ball. Everyone in our secondary is taught to face guard, or react to the player not the play. Until that is changed we are not going to get better IMO.

This is a major issue. Can anyone confirm this? Can't believe it. You have to following your man, obviously, but when the ball is in the air you have to become the receiver--go after it. If you can't follow both your man and the ball, you're in big trouble.

The last couple of years the coaches have taught the corners that they should go for an INT if they are in "complete control". For man coverage, that means they have tight coverage on the receiver and either have him pinned against the sideline or they have safety help over the top. In zone coverage its a little more complicated but again the idea is tight coverage and help over the top to prevent a big play.

On the face of it, it's not bad advice. That kind of coverage is geared to give the safeties the best opportunities for INTs because they don't have the "complete control" responsibility in coverage and can roam freely to make plays. Of course, when your safeties struggle as they have the last couple years (with the exception of Bullocks) there aren't very many INTs.

I think I remember reading about that philosophy changing a bit last spring, but I don't know for sure.

As for face guarding - I don't think that's really what they're doing. It's pretty fundamental that if you're in man coverage you focus on the man and don't look for or react to the ball until the receiver does.

Just to clarify, I ref. football and know faceguarding is not a penalty. What I was referring to by the DB faceguarding he allows the receiver to come back for the ball while the DB has no idea where it's even at. When the receiver comes back for the ball, he'll either catch it for a big play or he'll run into the DB which more than likely will result in a pass interference call.

I leave you with a fat mans words of wisdom

F.u.ck Mark May

F.u.ck ESPN

F.u.ck Herbstreit

F.u.ck USC

F.u.ck KState

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Just remember, you can't spell S-U-C-K without U-S-C, or without K-S-U. And you can't spell cO*ksUcker without OU.