Pass Rush

Redout

There were a few time that it seemed we couldn't get any pressure, but I beleive this can be related back to the game plan. Most times the front four were simply using a power rush. Straight ahead. Instead of swim moves and pressuring from the outside to avoid leaving their area so that Smith couldn't take off. Smith didn't have a lot of opportunitues to step up and break one up the middle because Nebraska did such a good job of staying in their lanes. Smith only had one or two big runs. Man I'll tell you what he is fast and super quick

I agree. The pass rush from the front 4 has been poor for the most part and yea, it does look like we are rushing straight ahead. Our guys can't shake the linemen fast enough. Would some stunts help with that? Has anyone else noticed that is seems Titus has gotten FAT?

I still think we should be blitzing more in certain situations.

I agree. The pass rush from the front 4 has been poor for the most part and yea, it does look like we are rushing straight ahead. Our guys can't shake the linemen fast enough. Would some stunts help with that? Has anyone else noticed that is seems Titus has gotten FAT?

I think the game plan was to make Smith beat us with his arm, and not allow him any room at all. By not stunting and rush ing straigh tahead, they accomplished their goal.

I agree. The pass rush from the front 4 has been poor for the most part and yea, it does look like we are rushing straight ahead. Our guys can't shake the linemen fast enough. Would some stunts help with that?  Has anyone else noticed that is seems Titus has gotten FAT?

I think the game plan was to make Smith beat us with his arm, and not allow him any room at all. By not stunting and rush ing straigh tahead, they accomplished their goal.

I'd agree - it appeared that the goal was to contain Smith. A good idea - with their leading running back out, Smith became their ground game. Keeping him in the pocket and preventing long runs by him - that could have demoralized the defense - worked well.

Blackshirt Defense! They played great today Ruud was all over the place. Not too many missed tackles but that is hard to do when you are playing team defense and gang tackling people. The secondary were able to cover the receivers downfiled because BD Smith had plenty of time quite a few times but ended up trying to scramble because the pocket eventulally collapsed. He made some poor decisions for a Junior I thought running towards the sidelines and underhanding it and before running out of bounds just heaving it downfield hoping for a prayer. My prayer was answered another Josh Bullocks interception. Anyway Great job today Blackshirts I think you earned the right to be called that again.

:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2 I don't care what anyone thinks. I love these things

We actually started to get some good pressure on him in the fourth quarter. I was surprised to see Teamer in there as much as he was yesterday. Hopefully, he continues to see the field.

he played alot the game before aswell. how he all of the sudden got playing time and didn't before is beyond me. We didn't ever get alot of rush. We would get in there about 7 seconds after smith sat there foreever. The defense and special teams def. won the game. Helped alot them not having nash to run it.

There were quite few times in the fourth quarter that we got a push up the middle and forced him to scramble outside of the pocket. We might not have sacked him, but making him scrable is actually considered a quarterback pressure in which we had quite a few of them in the fourth quarter.

Once again, there was pressure but not till about 5 seconds of checking off guys. Good coverage lead to the pressure. Defense played well though.