Mizzou Analysis of NE

The one thing I keep hearing from Husker fans is that you guys have proved yourself against proven talent and that Mizzou is yet to do so. I honestly just don't understand that. I don't think anything was proven against USC other than late in the game when their 3rd and 4th teams were in. Other than that game, I think that the Mizzou and Nebraska schedules have been pretty comparable. I think Illinois is a better team than Wake Forest. Ole Miss may not be great, but we did beat and SEC school on the road. What proven talent has Nebraska played other than USC?
so you are just going to throw out the fact that we played the best team in the country.....ok.

I don't believe Missouri fans are throwing out the fact that you played USC. But the facts of the game are that Nebraska was not competitive. Yes, you get points for playing the game, but by being nowhere competitive the point is moot. Certainly Nebraska fans haven't fallen into a pattern of "moral victory"?

Then you begin sounding like your brethren at Missouri from years past...lol

Moral Victories don't help the win column or improve water cooler chat on Monday morning.

Yeah...USC game does not count.

Wake is probably about the same as Illinois

I say we throw out the past schedule...that accomplishes nothing

As long as we can all agree that KU schedule has sucked and that they have not played anyone with any talent :)

100% Agreed....and that also will show this weekend when Kansas St. whoops their arse! :nutz

The one thing I keep hearing from Husker fans is that you guys have proved yourself against proven talent and that Mizzou is yet to do so. I honestly just don't understand that. I don't think anything was proven against USC other than late in the game when their 3rd and 4th teams were in. Other than that game, I think that the Mizzou and Nebraska schedules have been pretty comparable. I think Illinois is a better team than Wake Forest. Ole Miss may not be great, but we did beat and SEC school on the road. What proven talent has Nebraska played other than USC?

Nebraska's non-conference opponents are 10-3 so far this season (excluding game results with NU). And, from a compilation of computer rankings, those teams are rated #80 (Nevada), #48 (Wake Forest), #2 (USC), and #58 (Ball State).

Missouri's non-conference opponents are only 9-7 (excluding game results with MU)....... #23 (Illinois), #83 (Mississippi), #76 (Western Michigan), and I-AA-#27 (Illinois State).

Source: http://www.mratings.com/cf/compare.htm

[bTW, the computers have Missouri at #14 and Nebraska at #20.]

Most of that is accurate and rather good info, but it's more like Missouri is Nebraska Lite as far as the receiving corps as NU has actually done well against proven talent, Missouri has yet to do so.

Nate Swift is easily the best wide out on the team and Purify is BY FAR the most physically talented. As far as reliability I'd go Swift, Peterson, Purify, Hill, Nunn, Lucky... and than about 10 players later we hit Hardy.

You can choose to believe this or not, but Nate Davis from Ball State is a future NFL QB. If their WR, Dante Love, improves his hands, he also has a chance to be a first day pick. They havne't just put up those numbers agianst us. They do it against everyone. They have a very prolific offense.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=64924 -- By this crew, Nate Davis was rated the 5th best QB in his class and has been moving up all year.

Illinois is not better than Wake Forest.

You can choose to believe this or not, but Nate Davis from Ball State is a future NFL QB. If their WR, Dante Love, improves his hands, he also has a chance to be a first day pick. They havne't just put up those numbers agianst us. They do it against everyone. They have a very prolific offense.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=64924 -- By this crew, Nate Davis was rated the 5th best QB in his class and has been moving up all year.

Agree about Nate Davis, the guy is a stud QB (much like Sam Keller) who also possesses quite a bit of mobility.

Ball State has a GREAT Tight End in Darius Hill to go with the speedy Dante Love on the outside.

Agree about Nate Davis, the guy is a stud QB (much like Sam Keller) who also possesses quite a bit of mobility.

Ball State has a GREAT Tight End in Darius Hill to go with the speedy Dante Love on the outside.

People seem to automatically think that they suck. Ball State is not a bad football team by any means. Don't get me wrong, we should've beat them by at least 17, but people often don't give them enough credit. They can play some football.

People seem to automatically think that they suck. Ball State is not a bad football team by any means. Don't get me wrong, we should've beat them by at least 17, but people often don't give them enough credit. They can play some football.

Ball State is only a couple of FGs away from being 4-0, I think they'll do well in the MAC this year....... it seems like some people forget that they went 5-3 in their conference last season with a FROSH QB.

I think people forget that they played with Michigan last year.

I know, I know - Michigan lost to App st. Still, it's not small feat to go into the big house and play with UM.

For a cup cake, Ball St. packs a deceptive amount of healthy calories.

Our D still should've contained them better than they did, though.

I think people forget that they played with Michigan last year.

I know, I know - Michigan lost to App st. Still, it's not small feat to go into the big house and play with UM.

For a cup cake, Ball St. packs a deceptive amount of healthy calories.

Our D still should've contained them better than they did, though.

Yep, the BSU "big play" yardage was disconcerting......

It doesn't matter who has played whom and/or how they faired. It wouldn't make a difference if NU beat USC.

This is why we play the game. What if's and speculation don't decide it. However, if you think the history will determine the future, then by all means put your money down on the game.

I for one believe this will be an exciting football game. I think MU holds a slight advantage having had their bye week and an extra week to prepare. However, I believe if MU trys and speeds up the game (no huddle, etc) that could actually play into NU's favor assuming we have the right athletes on the field. Coz will have to simplify and run his base defense which will allow our athletes to be athletes and not have to over think. However, if COZ tries to mix and match and "out scheme" MU, the Huskers could be in trouble.

Unlike most, I see this to be a 2 TD+ margin of victory (17pts actually) although depending on the game plans either club could win.

My heart however wins out and I call NU 38 MU 21.

I know we won by 2 TD's last year, but the game never really did seem in doubt did it?? I remember Mizzou moving the ball late, but i don't really remember our D having too much problems with their offense. Seemed like we over-acheived last year, considering how pitiful our secondary was. Now our secondarys better, and we have the same LB's (Hey, these guys can't honestly be getting worse now, they might have played some bad games, but they are still the same LB's).

I doubt we'll really be able to stop Mizzou's offense, but if we don't give up any big plays i think we'll win.