Nice piece on Barrett Ruud

A little something to smile about this week:

Ruud kicking butt, taking names for Tampa Bay (I might be paraphrasing slightly)

Great to see Nebraska's leading tackler finally starting, succeeding and getting some recognition. We all know what he's capable of, so it's about time.

Incognito has been getting quite a bit of press in St. Louis too. I was listening to sports radio in Stl today and a great deal of the show was about him. Rams lost, but he seems to be making an impact there.

A little something to smile about this week:

Ruud kicking butt, taking names for Tampa Bay (I might be paraphrasing slightly)

Great to see Nebraska's leading tackler finally starting, succeeding and getting some recognition. We all know what he's capable of, so it's about time.

Incognito has been getting quite a bit of press in St. Louis too. I was listening to sports radio in Stl today and a great deal of the show was about him. Rams lost, but he seems to be making an impact there.

I think that was Incognito's first game back from injury also.

But yeah, Ruud is tearin it up big time!

• 3 months later...

Another nice piece about Ruud from Scout: 11 moments that mattered, in hindsight, for the Bucs' turnaround this year:

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=724564

Ruud was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Month for September, as he finished the month with a league-leading 51 tackles, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, two passes defensed and one interception. Against New Orleans he posted a career-high 16 tackles, a career-high two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in the Buccaneers 31-14 victory over the Saints. He earned NFC Defensive Player of the Week after that.

By the end of the year Ruud led the Bucs with 169 tackles, proved he could be solid in pass coverage and lead a defense filled with veteran presence.

More importantly, the Bucs found their middle linebacker for the next 10 years.