I'm not embarassed

I am I

I'm not embarassed to be from Nebraska.

I'm not embarassed to be a fan of the Cornhuskers.

I'm not embarassed for the kids who are playing this year.

I won't even be embarassed if we lose the rest of our games.

But!! I am embarassed because, once again I have to say my dad was right. the next time I see him, I will have to say, "Damn, Dad. You were so right about Pedersen and his hiring of Callahan. And the way they screwed over HuskerNation." I don't know if Solich would be doing real well today, obviously we never will.

But even if he had gotten fired later or they would have hired other Nebraska people, we could be doing it our way. I asked my dad why he thought Callahan wasn't a good hire and why he hated Pud so much. After all Pud is from Neb, right? And my dad said Pud is an egotistical, stubborn, know-it-all. No one took the job at first because everyone has too much respect for Solich and the way it went down, which in turn led to NO respect for Pud and why he fired Frankie. Coaching circles are REALLY tight knit. They look out for each other and stand up for each other. No one took the job here cuz no one wanted to coach for Pud, my dad told me. I said bullcrap, everything will be just fine. Callahan will learn what this is all about.

My dad was still friends with the secretary who worked for Osborne and Solich every single day they were at memorial stadium. He knew Callahan wouldn't work when, she told my dad the day he got there he took down a giant picture over his desk of the state of Nebraska with a Big N in the middle that had been there since the late 60's (i even remember it as a kid). In its place was a picture of himself (Bill) wearing Raiders gear on the sidelines of the NFL during the Super Bowl. Two weeks later he fired the secretary and anyone else working in the office who was from Oz and Solich. My dad would give me an update of about a dozen stories exactly like this one over the following months from people he knew inside the program. I should have recognized.

I said who cares? he wants his own people in there. let him go for changes and get the program into the 21st century...etc, etc...But damn it, i was wrong!! Those people, that picture, the offices, the trophies--they ARE Nebraska! They are who the program is. My dad is a fomer coach and player and was involved in the University for almost 12 years of his life. He has never been invited or informed of any functions or speaking engagements or camps or ANYTHING since Bill has got there.

But I turned a blind eye. I said the wins will speak for themselves. Pretty quiet, huh? Geez, I gotta look @ my dad and brothers and say it...I was wrong and we need Ron Brown back here. Turner Gill. Monte Kiffin.

Scott Downing. Osborne for AD.

I feel bad for all of us cuz we were straight up lied to and dumped on. And now we can't even get real answers to the problems or a fair assesment from the AD or HC. ENOUGH!! I am not embarassed to be a Huskerfan. I am just ready for this nightmare to be over.

I'm not embarassed to be from Nebraska.

I'm not embarassed to be a fan of the Cornhuskers.

I'm not embarassed for the kids who are playing this year.

I won't even be embarassed if we lose the rest of our games.

But!! I am embarassed because, once again I have to say my dad was right. the next time I see him, I will have to say, "Damn, Dad. You were so right about Pedersen and his hiring of Callahan. And the way they screwed over HuskerNation." I don't know if Solich would be doing real well today, obviously we never will.

But even if he had gotten fired later or they would have hired other Nebraska people, we could be doing it our way. I asked my dad why he thought Callahan wasn't a good hire and why he hated Pud so much. After all Pud is from Neb, right? And my dad said Pud is an egotistical, stubborn, know-it-all. No one took the job at first because everyone has too much respect for Solich and the way it went down, which in turn led to NO respect for Pud and why he fired Frankie. Coaching circles are REALLY tight knit. They look out for each other and stand up for each other. No one took the job here cuz no one wanted to coach for Pud, my dad told me. I said bullcrap, everything will be just fine. Callahan will learn what this is all about.

My dad was still friends with the secretary who worked for Osborne and Solich every single day they were at memorial stadium. He knew Callahan wouldn't work when, she told my dad the day he got there he took down a giant picture over his desk of the state of Nebraska with a Big N in the middle that had been there since the late 60's (i even remember it as a kid). In its place was a picture of himself (Bill) wearing Raiders gear on the sidelines of the NFL during the Super Bowl. Two weeks later he fired the secretary and anyone else working in the office who was from Oz and Solich. My dad would give me an update of about a dozen stories exactly like this one over the following months from people he knew inside the program. I should have recognized.

I said who cares? he wants his own people in there. let him go for changes and get the program into the 21st century...etc, etc...But damn it, i was wrong!! Those people, that picture, the offices, the trophies--they ARE Nebraska! They are who the program is. My dad is a fomer coach and player and was involved in the University for almost 12 years of his life. He has never been invited or informed of any functions or speaking engagements or camps or ANYTHING since Bill has got there.

But I turned a blind eye. I said the wins will speak for themselves. Pretty quiet, huh? Geez, I gotta look @ my dad and brothers and say it...I was wrong and we need Ron Brown back here. Turner Gill. Monte Kiffin.

Scott Downing. Osborne for AD.

I feel bad for all of us cuz we were straight up lied to and dumped on. And now we can't even get real answers to the problems or a fair assesment from the AD or HC. ENOUGH!! I am not embarassed to be a Huskerfan. I am just ready for this nightmare to be over.

great post!! im with ya all the way!!