Fair Weather Fans?

I have no problem with people saying people need to be fired, people booing or whatever. But I just think it's funny when the "Best fans in College Football" leave at halftime. It's easy to be the best fans in College Football when we win 9+ games a year. I commend all the fans that stayed through the end of the game, and cheered these kids when they scored in the fourth quarter. It's just funny to think of Nebraska fans as fair weather, but everyone across the country who sees the footage on ESPN2 of 1000's of people leaving before half is going to be saying that.

BTW, it was worth going to the game to see the '97 team run through that tunnel. Not too many dry eyes in the house at that point.

I have no problem with people saying people need to be fired, people booing or whatever. But I just think it's funny when the "Best fans in College Football" leave at halftime. It's easy to be the best fans in College Football when we win 9+ games a year. I commend all the fans that stayed through the end of the game, and cheered these kids when they scored in the fourth quarter. It's just funny to think of Nebraska fans as fair weather, but everyone across the country who sees the footage on ESPN2 of 1000's of people leaving before half is going to be saying that.

BTW, it was worth going to the game to see the '97 team run through that tunnel. Not too many dry eyes in the house at that point.

Still a fan here. I ponied up the 29.95 to watch on pay-per-view. I saw every excruciating minute of the game. Just to be fair, when they showed the fans pouring through the tunnel just before the half, I think they were going for a fairbury frank(sp?) not leaving the game. I think that was just the media making us look bad again. The stands looked pretty full until late in the 4th quarter from what I could see on TV.

Still a fan here. I ponied up the 29.95 to watch on pay-per-view. I saw every excruciating minute of the game. Just to be fair, when they showed the fans pouring through the tunnel just before the half, I think they were going for a fairbury frank(sp?) not leaving the game. I think that was just the media making us look bad again. The stands looked pretty full until late in the 4th quarter from what I could see on TV.

Went down to the concession stand at half and there were people streaming through the exits, I yelled, "Best fans in college football," and people looked at me and then put their head down as they exited.

To say that folks leaving when we're in the process of the worst home loss in the modern era makes them fair weather fans makes me want to hug you until you sleep... This coaching staff has turned our program into a national laughing stock and if fans leaving make boosters contribute to the pay out I AM ALL FOR IT!!!

To say that folks leaving when we're in the process of the worst home loss in the modern era makes them fair weather fans makes me want to hug you until you sleep... This coaching staff has turned our program into a national laughing stock and if fans leaving make boosters contribute to the pay out I AM ALL FOR IT!!!

Fair weather fan is a phrase used among sports fans and sports writers to describe a fan that only roots for popular and successful sports franchises.

We are no longer successful, so therefore all the fans leave. How does that NOT make us fair weather? This is only a commentary on the fans, not on the team or the administration.

I wish I could have seen the '97 team come onto the field. If anyone happens to have recorded it, please put it up on YouTube.

Went down to the concession stand at half and there were people streaming through the exits, I yelled, "Best fans in college football," and people looked at me and then put their head down as they exited.

I was watching on TV so I didn't see the fans leaving through the exits. The stands still looked full so I assumed they all came back after halftime. I guess I was wrong. Those who left early were nothing bu a bunch of :asshat s. I once attended a NU/UCLA game where we got our asses handed to us. I stayed until the last tick on the clock. Fans in Lincoln have no idea how good they have it being right there where they can see the games on a regular basis. They are more spoiled than I thought if they left at halftime. I seldom get to see a game in person...I would never, EVER, leave early.

I'm pretty sure you're not going to find a team anywhere that keeps a stadium full after witnessing the garbage this team is putting out every week.

I think the fact that people keep coming back week after week tells alot about our great fanbase. Other places would have half-full stadiums to start off the game by now.

Someone just called into big red reaction and said there were people yelling at the players as they went to the locker room to take the N off of their helmet. That makes me more sick than the loss.

I agree.

They also convinced me to be 100% against boycotting the stadium.

The fans have to be fans no matter what.

I don't think that will help anything.

Fair weather fan is a phrase used among sports fans and sports writers to describe a fan that only roots for popular and successful sports franchises.

We are no longer successful, so therefore all the fans leave. How does that NOT make us fair weather?

Is the loss painful to you? Then you're not a fair weather fan. Anyone who is here cares about the team and thus is NOT a fair weather fan. We're not sick of losing, we're sick of seeing the team not playing up to their potential.

I've NEVER been a fan of Callahan and company, but I bleed Husker red and will until the day I die, even if I don't spend $30 for my weekly dose of pain (for PPV).