Lincoln Journal Star

jimii3

I had to beg my friends to come watch this game, and they love NU football. The funny thing is, I overslept, and my buddy calls me to make sure I'm up to go watch the game.

Well, we spent the second half watching other games, chatting about other sports, etc. No one really cared about NU. That is just awful. We tried laughing it off, being down 38-0, but it was all just pointless.

If the $$$ isn't there to make changes, neither will the fans. It's becoming commonplace to find something better to do.

It's a terrible thing, but if I see that a carrot-eating contest is on ESPN (which is very possible since their programming is horrific anymore) between two rabbits, I'll bet that most Husker fans would watch that. NU football, which I will continue to watch, is dull, predictable, and just sad. I watch because that is who I am. It isn't fun, it isn't enjoyable, and it isn't remotely worth my time. I just have to do it.

I regret Saturdays anymore. Husker lowlights flashing everywhere while watching college teams perform on TV and wonder why NU doesn't look remotely like any of them. I'd be ecstatic about mediocrity if it meant watching a team that played their asses off to at least get to that point. :hmmph

NU football, which I will continue to watch, is dull, predictable, and just sad. I watch because that is who I am. It isn't fun, it isn't enjoyable, and it isn't remotely worth my time. I just have to do it.

I don't think we'll see many more games on TV this year. The CU game is pretty much a foregone conclusion (don't think they can cancel that one), but I don't even think the others will be on PPV. If I'm right it will be something of a blessing, because I too have to watch.