I feel like a lone wolf!

I know where you are coming from, I've been living in Austin Texas for a long time, I grew up in Nebraska so I'm constantly enduring the longhorn ego. My youngest was born in Texas, my oldest was born in Nebraska but we moved here before she could walk. I live and breath for Nebraska football and tradition. my heart breaks everytime I see our team lose, especially against Texas. My kids don't cheer Texas around me, though they are fans, they are one of the few longhorn fans showing respect. I reciprocate with all Texas fans, but I don't care if they return the respect, as long as my kids do.

My Husker flag flies outside my home EVERY DAY!

I'm pulling for ya Huskers... Always will!

:restore

Yes I know how you feel i have to live in oklahoma and my oldest is a ou fan and just drives me crazy, I live and breathe husker football aswell..

my wife was born and raised in south carolina, and i was born and raised in nebraska. i root for her c$%ks and she roots for the skers. she kinda a fan of the wolverpansies since she was half raised here in michgan. for the alamo bowl a couple years ago we had to watch from seperate counties. i came home trying not to smile, but i couldnt help but rub it in a little.

my wife was born and raised in south carolina, and i was born and raised in nebraska. i root for her c$%ks and she roots for the skers. she kinda a fan of the wolverpansies since she was half raised here in michgan. for the alamo bowl a couple years ago we had to watch from seperate counties. i came home trying not to smile, but i couldnt help but rub it in a little.

Next time you might not want to abbreviate the teams names especially if your a fan of the gamecocks. :lol:

My wife is a big Alabama fan, but she pulls for Nebraska as long as we're not playing each other (no biggie since it's been almost 30 years since that happened). Since moving down here, I have not chosen sides between Alabama and Auburn, which is akin to blasphemy down here. I root for both, except when they play each other in which case I must choose between pulling for Alabama or sleeping on the couch. :)

I love the Huskers because they are my home team i was born in Crete, and raised in Fairbury and Plainview,NE. I remember watching them play since i was like 4 or 5,but my mother told me i would sit down in front of the tv with my late father when i was 2 or 3 and not move til the game was over. Then when my mother married a man from Oklahoma when i was five, And when i say he is a Sooner fan he is a die hard one at that! He raised the rest of the family to love the Sooners! Heck one year when NU played OU, a guy was at our house giving him(mystepdad) a hard time that OU was gettin whipped(lol) and a huge physical fight broke out! the other man ended up in the emergency room gettin stitches! Once I moved away from home i was free of the heckling i got every time NU played, but then i got married to a Arkansas girl who liked Arkansas and Auburn...But now i think i have her converted...but she still wears her Auburn shirts from time to time..

I'm a Husker fan now and forever will be one! Thanks to my late grandmother i wasn't even remotely converted to a Sooner fan..Heck my late grandmother(who was 70 at the time) was in Florida @ a Gator bar during the game when NU beat them like 70 to 7 (can't remember the exact score), and some lady in her 20's was talking mad crap about NU. My grandmother went over to her and politely asked her to stop like 3 times, on the 4th time my grandmother told her that if she didn't stop, that she was going to smack her and take her Gators hat from her.....needless to say the Gator hat hung in the hallway of her house with a paper caption attached to it saying " Respect NU like we respect your team, if not i'm gonna take your hat!" (lol I loved that woman man i miss her!!) That hat hung there til she passed away in 2003.

I love the Huskers because they are my home team i was born in Crete, and raised in Fairbury and Plainview,NE. I remember watching them play since i was like 4 or 5,but my mother told me i would sit down in front of the tv with my late father when i was 2 or 3 and not move til the game was over. Then when my mother married a man from Oklahoma when i was five, And when i say he is a Sooner fan he is a die hard one at that! He raised the rest of the family to love the Sooners! Heck one year when NU played OU, a guy was at our house giving him(mystepdad) a hard time that OU was gettin whipped(lol) and a huge physical fight broke out! the other man ended up in the emergency room gettin stitches! Once I moved away from home i was free of the heckling i got every time NU played, but then i got married to a Arkansas girl who liked Arkansas and Auburn...But now i think i have her converted...but she still wears her Auburn shirts from time to time..

I'm a Husker fan now and forever will be one! Thanks to my late grandmother i wasn't even remotely converted to a Sooner fan..Heck my late grandmother(who was 70 at the time) was in Florida @ a Gator bar during the game when NU beat them like 70 to 7 (can't remember the exact score), and some lady in her 20's was talking mad crap about NU. My grandmother went over to her and politely asked her to stop like 3 times, on the 4th time my grandmother told her that if she didn't stop, that she was going to smack her and take her Gators hat from her.....needless to say the Gator hat hung in the hallway of her house with a paper caption attached to it saying " Respect NU like we respect your team, if not i'm gonna take your hat!" (lol I loved that woman man i miss her!!) That hat hung there til she passed away in 2003.

good story man....lol! :nutz

good story man....lol! :nutz

Its a true story as well!!!!

I am the only Husker Fan in my family, been that way for 26yrs!! They cheer for the Sooners, Does anyone have a family like that, that cheer for another team? If so who do they cheer for? I'm so sick of them bagging on me for everything that has went do so far! But I'll get the last laugh when NU beats OU the next time they meet!! :bonez

I know how you feel. I am the only one in my family that truly watches and listens to and knows about the huskers. My little brotheris a big Notre Dame fan which really sucks. My parents say they are husker fans, but all they do is make of the huskers and never watch all they do is look for the final score in the newspaper. Thy know when they make fun of them it is the only thing that irritates me. Other than that they can't get me too mad about something. But that is why I have huskerboard so I can actually talk about the team and haveing to isten to my family.