They have to be coaching to lose....

ssfranny

Even if the coaches are trying to find solutions, when players execute this poorly it still has to go back to coaches.

If your players don't believe in the staff and the scheme they will under-achieve.

There is no fire. Most players are going through the motions. That has to go back to leadership. I don't think we have a lot of on field leaders right now but it starts at the top with Billy C.

Exactly! Even if the players are not executing yes partial blame is put on them. However if they keep displaying the same pattern over and over week after week, then this is most defintiely a coaching issue.

I too thought after the 1st few games of not executing and playing w/little or no fire was more on the players than on the coaches. But, after witnessing the last 3 games, this is 100% coaching issue in my opinion. Ther definitely needs to be a change. :)

They're not coaching to lose, it's just the fact that they can't coach period. We could play a lot better and win more with what we have right now.

one thought came to mind..when we beat michigan, how did we do it with these coaches?

Well, this season is really strange. When you consider the team had been improving each season under Callahan, we looked to be in position for a good season. The collapse this season has been very unexpected.

They're not coaching to lose, it's just the fact that they can't coach period. We could play a lot better and win more with what we have right now.

one thought came to mind..when we beat michigan, how did we do it with these coaches?

Good question and I don't have a good answer. The only thing I can think of was that these kids still believed in what BC was doing, and played their hearts out for them. Now that's not the case. Our 'D' in that game wasn't great, but good enough to get the job done. However it was evident even then that Coz was and still is a bad DC. He still can't make real time adjustments. :hmmph

Ok uh idk if anyone of u listened to the game, but Watson was doing the play calling today, so lets put two and two together, the coaching staff is atleast trying to find a solution, maybe its the players not making the plays, did we ever think of that, I bet if the players did atleast half of what they are supposed to we would be 6-2 at the most, the coaches cant be on the field for them doing the players jobs.

Either that or Callahan is calculated. He puts Watson in there to make it look like they are just bad, not that he's trying to lose intentionally to get fired.

Does anyone think its possible that Callahan is not throwing but making sure they lose bad so he can get his money quicker. Like today they were only down by 2 so then callahan took over play calling because "uhhohh were getting to close" I know its a long shot but does anyone agree?

While it would make sense in a sad sort of way, I think the simplest explanation is best. Callahan's team has turned on him, and he's too incompetent to know how to deal with it or correct the situation. His game strategies are pathetic, and his defense can't keep the offense in it anyway.

X

I think he genuinely wants to win... why wouldn't he want to kick ass the rest of the season? he could possibly keep his job..... maybe.... Give the guy credit I believed him after he signed his extension, he wants to be here long term.

We are the greatest fans ever and he knows it... thats why we want him out... it hurts to see us lose.

Does anyone think its possible that Callahan is not throwing but making sure they lose bad so he can get his money quicker. Like today they were only down by 2 so then callahan took over play calling because "uhhohh were getting to close" I know its a long shot but does anyone agree?

He only has two throwing plays.

1. Throw screen pass to lucky

2. Throw to TE Hill

3. Never throw more then 15 yards deep.

I think he genuinely wants to win... why wouldn't he want to kick ass the rest of the season? he could possibly keep his job..... maybe.... Give the guy credit I believed him after he signed his extension, he wants to be here long term.

We are the greatest fans ever and he knows it... thats why we want him out... it hurts to see us lose.

If he really wanted to win he would've made changes already. As long as he has been a head coach and OC he has to know when to change the offense when it's not working. Except he gets into these play calls of 7 passes in a row or 7 runs in a row and doesn't throw downfield much. Maybe he should've gotten the hint when nebraska is the only football team running the WCO in college. He just doesn't get it.

If he really wanted to win he would've made changes already. As long as he has been a head coach and OC he has to know when to change the offense when it's not working. Except he gets into these play calls of 7 passes in a row or 7 runs in a row and doesn't throw downfield much. Maybe he should've gotten the hint when nebraska is the only football team running the WCO in college. He just doesn't get it.

Auburn runs the west coast offense.

Ok uh idk if anyone of u listened to the game, but Watson was doing the play calling today, so lets put two and two together, the coaching staff is atleast trying to find a solution, maybe its the players not making the plays, did we ever think of that, I bet if the players did atleast half of what they are supposed to we would be 6-2 at the most, the coaches cant be on the field for them doing the players jobs.

Either that or Callahan is calculated. He puts Watson in there to make it look like they are just bad, not that he's trying to lose intentionally to get fired.

Yes but Callahan took over before halftime and we scored 0 from when he took over