Callahan Will step down at end of season

I don't understand the thinking behind paying him more than his contract for him to resign after the season. Just fire him tomorrow morning or next week or when the final whistle blows at CU - whatever - and pay him what we are obligated to pay him in the current contract. Announcing his intention to step down at the end of the season isn't any more beneficial than telling him to sod off tomorrow and appointing an interim HC.

I believe they would offer up more monay as an incentive to resign early (as in before the end of the season). Is how the rest of you understood it?

I think that's the only thing it can mean, but that's not how it was worded. My guess is just a poor choice of wording on that part.

Still doesn't make any sense to me because you could fire him right now. I guess the only thing I can see is that he ANNOUNCES his resignation EFFECTIVE at the end of the season right now, and you have to pay him extra to do that. I think that is stupid, can his ass right now instead and get him th f#*k out of there. Anyone with half a brain can do a better job than that jackass is doing right now - three straight blow out losses, yeah I think I could even coach us to that.

Three straight humiliating losses clearly show how outrageously inept he is as our HC (not to mention the USC/Ball st abortions). For the life of me I can't understand why we keep Cally/Coz around to keep running our team into the ground.

I'll defer to TO but it's brutally difficult to stomach this mess.

Not sure why Callahan would resign unless he gets more money to leave...otherwise he wil stick around until he is fired.

If he really is gone and thinks he is, I do think we should do it now so we can keep contact with current and potentional recruits -- not sure what Callahan's motivation is to keep up with these kids at the moment is...unless he really sticks to be profrssional about his job (questionable?)

Sipple's ideas and nive, but just that...ideas...would be nice to see though...