Tangerine Bowl

Willyumyum

Few people can completely explain the ACC bowl selection system but basically it goes like this ... 1st the BCS gets it's team ... 2nd is the Gator Bowl ... 3rd is the Peach Bowl ... 4th is the Tangerine Bowl ... 5th is the Charlotte Bowl ... 6th is the Boise Bowl.

BUT ... Bowls #2 thru #6 can choose any bowl eligible team they wish ... not necessarily the next in line. So ... with that in mind ... my projection (this week) is:

BCS - Miami (6-2) winning out means having beaten FSU, UVa and VPI

Gator - Florida State (6-2) will be 9-2 with a win vs Florida

Peach - Virginia (6-2) after winning @ GaTech & @ VPI

Tangerine - Clemson (4-4) but must beat So. Car. to be bowl eligible

Charlotte - North Carolina (5-3) after closing with a win over Duke

Boise - Va. Tech (5-3) after losing the last two games to UVa and Miami

Las Vegas - Georgia Tech (4-4) after losing to UVa

A 7th ACC will probably go to the Las Vegas Bowl since the PAC Ten will have two BCS teams and will then be unable to fill it's other obligations.

Next week this will probably look very different.

Few people can completely explain the ACC bowl selection system but basically it goes like this ... 1st the BCS gets it's team ... 2nd is the Gator Bowl ... 3rd is the Peach Bowl ... 4th is the Tangerine Bowl ... 5th is the Charlotte Bowl ... 6th is the Boise Bowl.

BUT ... Bowls #2 thru #6 can choose any bowl eligible team they wish ... not necessarily the next in line. So ... with that in mind ... my projection (this week) is:

A 7th ACC will probably go to the Las Vegas Bowl since the PAC Ten will have two BCS teams and will then be unable to fill it's other obligations.

That is a very good analysis. How true it is that you said that next week it will probally look very different. Good work.

:worship

thats why I love Collage Ball

If my Tigers and Nebraska both win Saturday I would choose a Tangerine Bowl date rematch of the 1JAN82 Orange Bowl game.

Part of my choice is based on not wanting another Blue Turf Bowl in Boise ... if I have a choice. Is it not very possible that a 6-5 Husker team could go to the Tangerine Bowl?

It won't be Clemson (or South Carolina) Although Clemson is bowl eligable, the University president has cancelled any plans of a bowl trip because of the fight that occurred. He called it "a disgrace."

Very suprised they did that. It was a fight, punish some of the kids if you feel you must but boy you hurt your team by cutting down on practice time as well as getting recruits in when you don't make a bowl.

That was the point. Get across that this will absolutely in no way shape or form be tolerated ever again. Taking a bowl game away accomplishes that IMO.