NY Times Article

Billy C is reading it. That's a "real" newspaper.

Say what you will, but the New York Times is probably the most read and best written papers in the United States.

I think the New York Times is one of the worst newspapers in this country. It's about as good as the Washington Post, and the San Francisco Chronicle.

Most journalism students will tell you that they aspire to work for the NYT. There is a reason for that. There is also a reason that the NYT wins more awards than any other paper.

The NY Times tends to be one of the better papers in the country (sure a heck of a lot better then the piece of crap Omaha World Herald), but this article is bad. It is just a compilation of everything we know already, but put together poorly and does not convey a complete picture of the issues. It also offers no insight or new material...disappointing.

but if you are not a well read die hard fan, it is all new and probably an interesting read. for folks that live elsewhere and don't follow, it gives some insight as to what is going down here.

Say what you will, but the New York Times is probably the most read and best written papers in the United States.

I think the New York Times is one of the worst newspapers in this country. It's about as good as the Washington Post, and the San Francisco Chronicle.

Most journalism students will tell you that they aspire to work for the NYT. There is a reason for that. There is also a reason that the NYT wins more awards than any other paper.

The Times is prestigious, but that doesn't mean it's a good newspaper. Nebraska people are pretty good at figuring out the difference. ;)

The NY Times tends to be one of the better papers in the country (sure a heck of a lot better then the piece of crap Omaha World Herald), but this article is bad. It is just a compilation of everything we know already, but put together poorly and does not convey a complete picture of the issues. It also offers no insight or new material...disappointing.

duh. of course it is an article of everything you know already, you're a devotee of an internet board about the huskers. there is probably rarely an article about nebraska in any newspaper that you don't already know the information in...

I thought the same thing. A well written, factually based article about Nebraska football written by an East Coast newspaper for East Coast readers....I'm not sure what some of you folks are looking for.

I thought the same thing. A well written, factually based article about Nebraska football written by an East Coast newspaper for East Coast readers....I'm not sure what some of you folks are looking for.

Apparently they're looking for a conservative editorial spin.

For f#*k's sake, people, if you can't handle the NYT then why don't you go back to the word puzzles in Highlights magazine and watch the O'Reilly factor? This was a good article for the audience of a national newspaper.

The Times is prestigious, but that doesn't mean it's a good newspaper. Nebraska people are pretty good at figuring out the difference. ;)

Took some Nebraska people four years to figure out this is a bad coaching staff, and some still haven't figured it out.

The Wall Street Journal is a good newspaper.

Otherwise, the picture of Callahan really detracted from the article. And I think they listed us as having "2 national titles and a split" because of the AP pollsters around there, I'm sure. It'd probably be a slap in the face to say "the coaches poll determines the winner of the Sears trophy, THE symbol of the college football NC; whereas the AP poll determines the winner of an engraved shingle that means We think you're great."

For f#*k's sake, people, if you can't handle the NYT then why don't you go back to the word puzzles in Highlights magazine and watch the O'Reilly factor? This was a good article for the audience of a national newspaper.

:rollin

I wanted to stop reading when I read "In front is a statue of Osborne as a coach, talking to a player." A PLAYER?? Yeah, we made a statue of just some guy standing next to coach... But I kept truckin...then it said we won 2 titles and a share of another.... Im done. LAME!

\ :o That was a GLARING oversight on their part. I hope it's corrected in the next issue, or something. I liked the article overall - but that particular bit takes an unfair, unresearched spin on the statue. It's using the statue's existence to compound Osborne's influence in Nebraska, which is NOT what the statue was all about (correct me if I'm wrong?)

It's a statue of Brook Berringer, talking to a coach.

I personally thought the article sucked. He rambled off a bunch of information but never stated how we go about changing Nebraska football to the way it should be played. I thought the article was about "Restoring Nebraska to the Way It Was", so how does he figure we go about doing that? How about instead of him ripping off information that we've already read in every other article lately, he write an original piece that states we fire Callahan, hire Pelini, and tell the players to play with a little bit of f@cken heart!! Maybe then we can restore Nebraska to the way it was.

I somehow dont think the authors audience was you and I. His audience was nationwide, not Husker fans, who havent spent the last two weeks examining message boards and sifting through rumors.

It also was not an opinion piece, so don't expect him to advise on what Nebraska should do. As a journalist, his job is to describe, not advise, and I think he did a decent job of that.

:yeah