Marvin Sanders / Barney Cotton

Fat Tire

I had heard that the smartest best HEAD coach material on the Solich staff was Marvin Sanders.. and I haven't heard this from very many people but I like the way Cottons offense worked... not has drastic a change as we ended up with but it appeared after he got the head set for the colorado and bowl game we moved the ball and had some new wrinkles for the offense.... it wouldn't have hurt my feelings to have kept him as OC just to see what he could do... I really don't think he got much of a chance to show us what he would do with Solich calling the plays... just about a half cents worth

I had heard that the smartest best HEAD coach material on the Solich staff was Marvin Sanders.. and I haven't heard this from very many people but I like the way Cottons offense worked... not has drastic a change as we ended up with but it appeared after he got the head set for the colorado and bowl game we moved the ball and had some new wrinkles for the offense.... it wouldn't have hurt my feelings to have kept him as OC just to see what he could do... I really don't think he got much of a chance to show us what he would do with Solich calling the plays... just about a half cents worth

I wasn't very impressed with the offense at ISU when he ran it. That's all I have to say on that.

I thought Cotton was calling the plays and that's why we brought him in.