Stew Mandel's hiring advice for TO

I have to wonder. Today on Jim Rome Lane Kiffin was on and when Rome asked him if Monte would take the NU job if it were offered Lane reponded by saying Monte would have said hell yes four years ago, and would probably still take it.

Just My opinion..But this makes me think Daddy and junior have been talking about it what to do......

Could the next staff be Monte Kiffin at the top, Lane running the offense ( I'd think he'd follow dad if here asked to)...then when Monte retired ina few years Lane takes over?

Dunno. Would be a pretty tasty scenario though.

I thouhgt Kiffin should've been in the mix last time. PD blew that one. I remember hearing he said he gladly would've accepted the job. Instead we get BC and the rest is history.

I brought him up again, a little while back, many on this board think he is too old to recruit.

I have to wonder. Today on Jim Rome Lane Kiffin was on and when Rome asked him if Monte would take the NU job if it were offered Lane reponded by saying Monte would have said hell yes four years ago, and would probably still take it.

Just My opinion..But this makes me think Daddy and junior have been talking about it what to do......

Could the next staff be Monte Kiffin at the top, Lane running the offense ( I'd think he'd follow dad if here asked to)...then when Monte retired ina few years Lane takes over?

Dunno. Would be a pretty tasty scenario though.

I thouhgt Kiffin should've been in the mix last time. PD blew that one. I remember hearing he said he gladly would've accepted the job. Instead we get BC and the rest is history.

I brought him up again, a little while back, many on this board think he is too old to recruit.

Might be a little old, but IF he did bring in Lane also, then maybe...