5-6

nepolo7

Well it is over, I am surprisingly relieved. I just do not want to watch this team anymore this year. I was sick of the square pegs in round holes trying to make things happen, whether it was playing man defense without a pass rush, or watching a qb who throws better on the run being forced to stay in the pocket. All I can say about this year is that it was all about transition. The coaches need to adjust, as do the players, they took very painful first steps this season. Even as I was watching games, I found myself talking to friends about future recruits, and upcoming schedules in future seasons. That always seemed to be the good news about this team was the future.

Grades for the team

Offense C

Joe Dailey is not the quarterback for this offense, I am still puzzled why we did not let him roll out more and let hime either run or throw to one or two options. He seemed very similar to Brad Smith. Cory Ross and all the running backs were great, glad we have all of them coming back, would like to see Horne at wr or wingback. Offensive line was a pleasant surprise, and the receivers and tight ends showed progress, still would like to see some taller receivers out there though.

Bill Callahan needs to get the play our faster, and I am not sure we need all this movement, overall though I think Callahan is the right guy for the job and will make adjustments

Defense D

0 pass rush that is just inexcusable, We need some better lineman to make any defense work. I was really disappointed on the lack of leadership on this side of the ball they seemed to quit way to early in the game. You should not need any other motivation besides that N on your helment

Kevin Cosgrove gets another year from me. I did not like his schemes this year, but I still think a pass rush would have changed a lot of things. We also need some bigger db's that can play with the new bread of receivers.

Players b-

It is encouraging how young we are but some of these guys really need to sack up and ignite that fire that is Nebraska Football

Coaches B

Difficult transition to make but I think we have the right guy to do it. I think he will adjust and I am excited as hell about all these recruits.

Overall glad it is over, 8 months until next season

Nice review. I agree with some of what you said. I just don't thinkn the o-line was any good. How many times did they jump offsides? Anderson and Ericson were two of the worst to ever start at Nebraska.IMO Granted they had their moments as a unit but I think they were more of a letdown then a pleasent suprise.

Even with the penalties, you have to look at where the offensive line was in the beginning of theseason compared to now. They were seen as the weakest link. But now there aren't close to that.

Thanks nepolo7 for the round up

Well it is over, I am surprisingly relieved. I just do not want to watch this team anymore this year. I was sick of the square pegs in round holes trying to make things happen, whether it was playing man defense without a pass rush, or watching a qb who throws better on the run being forced to stay in the pocket. All I can say about this year is that it was all about transition. The coaches need to adjust, as do the players, they took very painful first steps this season. Even as I was watching games, I found myself talking to friends about future recruits, and upcoming schedules in future seasons. That always seemed to be the good news about this team was the future.

Grades for the team

Offense C

Joe Dailey is not the quarterback for this offense, I am still puzzled why we did not let him roll out more and let hime either run or throw to one or two options. He seemed very similar to Brad Smith. Cory Ross and all the running backs were great, glad we have all of them coming back, would like to see Horne at wr or wingback. Offensive line was a pleasant surprise, and the receivers and tight ends showed progress, still would like to see some taller receivers out there though.

Bill Callahan needs to get the play our faster, and I am not sure we need all this movement, overall though I think Callahan is the right guy for the job and will make adjustments

Defense D

0 pass rush that is just inexcusable, We need some better lineman to make any defense work. I was really disappointed on the lack of leadership on this side of the ball they seemed to quit way to early in the game. You should not need any other motivation besides that N on your helment

Kevin Cosgrove gets another year from me. I did not like his schemes this year, but I still think a pass rush would have changed a lot of things. We also need some bigger db's that can play with the new bread of receivers.

Players b-

It is encouraging how young we are but some of these guys really need to sack up and ignite that fire that is Nebraska Football

Coaches B

Difficult transition to make but I think we have the right guy to do it. I think he will adjust and I am excited as hell about all these recruits.

Overall glad it is over, 8 months until next season

thanks for the breakdown yo. so what grade did pedersens teeth get?? i think they held up remarkably well myself. :clap:rickjames