CU a Rivalry ummmm???

Apathy

Oklahoma wimped out of this once great rivarly game. CU is now the one team that I can not stand to lose to, = rivarly.

What is the story here? Obviously the formation of the Big XII is what ultimately did away with the yearly OU/NU game, but who made concessions to end up with the conference being set up the way it is today? I'm aware of the basics of the joining of the SWC and the Big 8, but I've never really heard the intricacies of the whole maneuver.

Seems to me that if Nebraska and Oklahoma both wanted to play eachother every year so badly, they could have structured the conference in a way to make that happen, couldn't they?

Money Talks. Texas had the television market the new conference wanted, so the Texas schools got their way. I've heard many times since then that OU didn't want to play UT and NU every year because it would make it too hard to win the new conference. But they played both every year beforethat and won plenty of conference titles, so I frankly don't believe that story.

OU losing to Texas wouldn't count against a Big8 championship, but losing to them (or us) WOULD count against a chance to represent the South Division of the Big12 championship game.

Nebraska and Kansas wanted to set up a 5-2-1 format for the Big 12, meaning that you played all five of your division foes, two rotating members of the South division and the last a designated game against another South opponent. This was voted down by the conference 10-2 with only Nebraska and Kansas voting yes. Obviously OU didn't want it at the time because of the two crushing defeats the Sooners had against Nebraska and the fact they didn't want to play Texas and Nebraska every season in conference play (as already mentioned).

Be thankfull, if our crappy offense hung 65 on you guys, imagine what the Sooners would have done yesterday? You should almost be thanking us :)

Even if we had won, there is no way that we would have played OU this year. You guys should be thanking Callahan for bringing NU down to your level.

or thank Hawk for getting the kids to play well, especially on offense.......

Scoring a lot on this years NU defense is no accomplishment. I would worry if you could not score a lot on the 115th ranked D. From what it looked like, you guys may need some work on D as well. Neither team should brag about this game.

Hell yeah it is an accomplishment, we had like -20 yards of rushing against FSU, so I will take my nearly 300 regardless. I would have never thought that the 62 we hung on you guys would be broken.

Oh Yeah? well you only scored 65....Kansas scored 76....so there! Guess that means you still suck! Take that! :lol: