Mushberger - what an A$$hat

Syzygyone

Kansas has been improving every season under Mangino. I'm not saying Kansas will necessarily become a consistent bigtime player in the college football world, but they will not go back to the suckiness they endured for so long before Mangino. They'll stay a good football program.

Pinkel sucks as a coach. Changing the offense is the only thing that "saved" the program, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pinkel screw it up somehow in the future.

Pinkel was floundering with great talent, trying to turn Brad Smith into a pocket passer. He changed his offense to something that worked and now they are flourishing. BC changes nothing. Things were going to be done his way and everyone just had to adjust. Apparently, he was also going to wait until the right defenders came along who could make Cosgrove's system look good.

Good point. I think that's the difference right there. Pinkel decided to adapt his coaching philosophy to the players he had access to, while Callahan was still trying to turn Nebraska into an NFL expansion team.

Pinkel's in-game coaching decisions really baffle the sh#t out of me sometimes, though. The Kansas game had a couple good examples. Why fake a FG on 4th and long when both teams have struggled to put points up? I could see a fake on 4th and 2, 4th and 3 maybe, but asking your placeholder to pick up 8 or so yards is quite a gamble.

Brent shouldv'e known Mizzou and Kansas are totaly different situations than NU. Both were used to getting blown out on a regular basis, the last 4 years they were playing competitive football, and now have took the next step in becoming favorites to win. The Huskers haven't been playing with any consistency, and have played with less passion. If KU and Mizzou both began losing 7 games a season they would be shopping for a new coach also.