Mushberger - what an A$$hat

Syzygyone

Sounds like Brent was speaking the truth. What did he say that wasnt true?

4 years is more than enough. We saw all BC & staff had to offer. If Mushberger thinks Nebraska jumped the gun on firing Callahan , he is alone in that position. The bulk of the national media was screaming weeks ago about "What are they waiting for?"

"What did he say that wasn't true?"

It's not truth or false, it's Brent's stupid opinion.

There is no general rule about firing a coach. Hundreds of variations.

Kansas sucked for years, anything was an improvement for them.

And Mizzou , don't know.

What I know is they aren't Nebraska and

Brent Mussberger has never been partial to NE.

He's a drunk idiot.

If Brent was saying that we fired BC too soon he's nuts. C'mon Tyler. It's one thing to say they didn't give the guy enough time if he goes 5-7 and loses games by less than a TD but losses were by 18, 35, 31, 22, 37, 14, and one three point loss where his team completely folded and lost because BC's playcalling got so conservative it was ridiculous. Seven losses by an average of almost 29 points and having given up more than 60 points twice. To say that we didn't give him enough time is foolhardy at best. It had nothing to do with the fact that Missouri and KU are having the best seasons in their respective school histories. It's that we completey suck despite the fact that we DO have good athletes.

At the end of the game they were the most annoying... just jabbering away about things that were not going on in the game. Disinterested announcers are pretty terrible, especially when the game is still being played and they start talking about an NC between W.V. and THE Ohio State. They'd already decided that whoever were to win the game they were calling was going to lose to OU.

I think MU can beat OU... Go Big XII North! I mean, if we're going to get just one conference win, it would look less embarrassing if our conference were in the NC.

Throwing out an arbitrary number of years to characterize an "appropriate" amount of time to evaluate a coaching staff is "true" in what way?

Furthermore, why is 5 years so much more sufficient than 4? Mangino and Pinkel were stuck at or below .500 during their 5th years as well, as I recall. What about next season would have been so much different than this season? Callahan has already proven that he can't develop the talent that he recruits, so what good is another year going to do? If you can't avoid downright REGRESSION in your 4th year, with all of your own players, with the amount of resources that Nebraska coaches have, then you deserve to have your contract re-evaluated.

And why does one good season suddenly make Pinkel and Mangino shining examples of why patience is such an indispensible virtue for athletic departments? For f#*k's sake, the season isn't even over yet! It looked to me like the Jayhawks were having some problems handling the hype last night. And let's not forget that Mizzou still has to go play the same Oklahoma team that completely shut them down when it counted (4th quarter) earlier in the season. Mizzou chokes in every tough 4th quarter situation, and I'm afraid the 4th quarter of their season is upon them. I've been wrong about many things this season, though, so we'll see how it turns out.

Let's see what Mangino and Pinkel do next year. Let's see what they do in 2 or 3 years when Rucker, Coffman, and Maclin are all cashing NFL checks and they have to develop new talent. I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm just saying it's pretty early to annoint Mizzou and KU the new "powers" of the Big XII. Anomalies happen every season. We'll see how things shake down in the next month/six months/year. Then you can have at least one more fractional claim to speak the "truth" than you do now.

Brent Mussy is a dumba$$ and always has been...... I for one kind of agree that 4 years is not enough though..... I think BC should have gotten canned, but becuase of his attitude,not system.... If the next guy comes in with the RIGHT attitude, then he should be given at least 5 years.....

This firing was all about ATTITUDE of the coaches and players, not system.

Also, did anyone hear him say the Chase Daniels (yes, he kept calling him Daniels instead of Daniel) should be getting post-season awards when the Big 10 announces them next week..... the dumba$$ can't even figure out names or conferences..... he did correct his conference mistake, after Kirk nudged him..

Brent Doucheberger was probably drunk offhis ass again. Wasn't he busted for open container years back leaving after a Husker game he announced?

Hes a tard..

Scott

:bonez

Only true Huskers are allowed to have a opinion on the Huskers :sarcasm

GBR!!!

You mean myopic Kool Aid drinking Nebraska Football dominates every minute of my life Nebraska has to go 13-0 or I will die fans?

Well I guess you could included Tom Osborne as Myopic since he said that four years was enough to judge a coaches progress.

What does "Brent Mushmouth is a TOOL" mean?

Well, exactly what part of that are you having trouble understanding? He doesn't know anything about...well....anything, so when he speaks everything that comes out of his mouth is sh!t. I just clean it up and call him Mushmouth instead of Sh!tmouth (besides Mushmouth sounds a little closer to Musburger). And he is a tool because...well...he is a tool. I don't know how else to explain that. You don't like that word, how about, he is a D!ckhead, or he is a Sh!t-for-brains, or he is a Dumba$$. I just thought that "Brent Mushmouth is a TOOL" was all I needed to say. Sorry.

Sorry, I don't know new slang... I'm an old crone.

Didn't know "tool" meant shithead.

I thought it was a phallic reference.

So if you'd said "toolhead"

I'd have know what you meant. :lol:

:lol: That's funny. I don't claim to be an expert on slang either, my kids come up with stuff all the time that has me scratching my head. I had just heard people in the past refer to worthless dumba$$es as "tools" and I kind of like it.

Also, I hope you didn't think I was giving you a hard time with my reply. I have a ...shall we say unique... sense of humor.