An Outsider's Appraisel

I am not going to reply to your entire post, but there was one point that was just wrong. The linebacker were not too light. We had the best linebackers in the game in 1995 and the outside linbackers were just over 200 lbs each. Once again in the late `90's with Johnson and Ortiz the outside backers just barely tipped the scales over 200 lbs each and they were dominant. So weight is not the issue. If you play with intensity, you can be light and quick and still get the job done. The best blitzing linebacker we have ever had was Terrel Farley and he only went 210.

Nope...best linebacking group ever was Terrio, Harper and Johnson with Terrio being the lightest at around 215 lbs. These guys wrecked people.

Okay okay...Johnson was listed as D-Line....but he was a Randy White type of player who could play both spots.

I am not going to reply to your entire post, but there was one point that was just wrong. The linebacker were not too light. We had the best linebackers in the game in 1995 and the outside linbackers were just over 200 lbs each. Once again in the late `90's with Johnson and Ortiz the outside backers just barely tipped the scales over 200 lbs each and they were dominant. So weight is not the issue. If you play with intensity, you can be light and quick and still get the job done. The best blitzing linebacker we have ever had was Terrel Farley and he only went 210.

Nope...best linebacking group ever was Terrio, Harper and Johnson with Terrio being the lightest at around 215 lbs. These guys wrecked people.

Okay okay...Johnson was listed as D-Line....but he was a Randy White type of player who could play both spots.

Those guys were good (Terrio’s grand daughter attends the school where I teach out here in Cali…small world). But I have to disagree.

The best linebacker corps we ever had was in `95 with Terrell Farley (I was mistaken earlier he was only 6’1” @ 205 lbs), Jamel Williams (6’2” 195 lbs) and Phil Ellis in the middle (at only 6’2” and 225). Fast, fast, fast. They were awesome. Ask Danny Wourful (sp?)