The Omaha World Hearld reported that Barry Alvarez would be interested in being the AD/HC if offered. I think that Barry did some nice things at Wisconsin, but I'm not overwhelmed by him. He is getting old, wouldn't be a HC for long, and may keep "old friends" around like Cosgrave.

If NU is looking for an aging, legacy coach, why not get Monte Kiffin. If he would have been hired 4 years ago (like he should have been), Lane and Bo Pelini would likely be assistants here still, and we never would have had 2 losing seasons.

Thoughts?

The Omaha World Hearld reported that Barry Alvarez would be interested in being the AD/HC if offered. I think that Barry did some nice things at Wisconsin, but I'm not overwhelmed by him. He is getting old, wouldn't be a HC for long, and may keep "old friends" around like Cosgrave.

If NU is looking for an aging, legacy coach, why not get Monte Kiffin. If he would have been hired 4 years ago (like he should have been), Lane and Bo Pelini would likely be assistants here still, and we never would have had 2 losing seasons.

Thoughts?

You do realize that he had Kevin Cosgrove as his defensive Cordinator untill Callahan came and took him away. Most likely he would have stayed as the DC for Wisconsin because Alvarez had'nt shown any inclination of replacing him there. Why would we want Alvarez the only guy that might even possibly bring back Kevin Cosgrove as the head coach?

Thoughts?

You do realize that he had Kevin Cosgrove as his defensive Cordinator untill Callahan came and took him away. Most likely he would have stayed as the DC for Wisconsin because Alvarez had'nt shown any inclination of replacing him there. Why would we want Alvarez the only guy that might even possibly bring back Kevin Cosgrove as the head coach?

cos ain't coming back, in any capacity.