Will Kansas get a BCS bid?

HuskerKing130

Wow, r u serious? I said personally I dont think they deserve 1 (b/c they are overrated & had a weak schedule, I guess I couldve made myself more clear) & then I went on to extend my thoughts & say that I wont feel bad for them if they dont get 1 b/c of how they ran up the score when they played us. Geeze.

I think you have a lot of pent up anger about that game and should find a way to release it. If you watched your offense the last couple of weeks and even in the KU game any coach who plays NU should score as much as possible and as often as possible and not becase of some silly revenge factor but because that offense is pretty capable of scoring anywhere and anytime and doing it frequently.

If you were coaching a team against the New England Patriots, would you pull up with a commanding lead or would you keep scoring knowing that you are up against probably the best offense in the NFL?

Ok, I would hope that your not comparing Nebraska offense to the Patriots in order to justify teams scoring when the games out of reach. I have no problem with teams scoring as much as possible, but I have a hard time accepting that as the reasoning. The reason most time teams were able to run it up on this team was the simple fact this team could not stop an simple run up the middle dive or in Kansas game any pass play. I would bet if you took the 2007 team and somehow could play any Neb team from the 80's and 90's that the score would have been in the 70's not because T.O. would have been running up the score, but because he would just run the basic up the middle which they could not stop.

Should Kansas be in the BCS I would say yes, but do they deserve it with their schedule and send a message that scheduling 3 out of conference patsies is the best way to get noticed. Kansas got lucky this year playing a weak OCS and then having to play the worst Nebraska team in the last 40 years and two programs they are having down years in Colorado and Kansas St. Not one team Kansas played had a defense that was ranked as high as 60 if that until they met Missouri and even then their defense isn't that good. I would love to see them play USC or LSU and see how the game goes.

I am using the analogy that when you play a great offense you yourself should be facing one of two offensive strategies, either play control and keep it away from your opponent or score often and keep scoring often. It is silly to say a team doesn't deserve to play for a National Championship because they were capable of hanging some points on a team. If that was the case you guys would have to forfeit your titles, I would have to forfeit ours and so forth. According Huskerking Kansas doesn't deserve a BCS bid because he thinks they ran it up against you guys and now he thinks Mizzou shouldn't play for the conference title for a fake field goal against you guys. Blind homerism is fine up until it crosses the point of rationale logic and thinking.