The Coaching Pool...

Can anyone tell me good reasons why Grobe would be a good HC here? He just does not impress me.

Other than 19 wins over the past two seasons (with a bowl game still on the horizon), taking his squad to a BCS bowl game (Orange Bowl 07), National Coach of the Year, ACC Coach of the Year, Sporting News Coach of the Year, AFCA Coach of the Year, and doing it all at Wake Forest, I can't really think of much reason to be impressed by him.

Can anyone tell me good reasons why Grobe would be a good HC here? He just does not impress me.

Other than 19 wins over the past two seasons (with a bowl game still on the horizon), taking his squad to a BCS bowl game (Orange Bowl 07), National Coach of the Year, ACC Coach of the Year, Sporting News Coach of the Year, AFCA Coach of the Year, and doing it all at Wake Forest, I can't really think of much reason to be impressed by him.

He won the ACC last year as well

Tom is going to announce himself as head coach on Dec 3rd with Turner as OC, Bo as DC, and 5 new 5 star recruits that have just committed (all from the State of Nebraska - nobody knew about these guys before the PC). He will state that we are going to run the wishbone base offense, with a modified spread (all RB's going in motion adn QB drops back into the gun) about 1/2 the time. To combat the spread offenses, our base defense is going to be a 2-4-5, used in Super Bowl XXV by the New York Giants.