Pederson news conference

np_husker

Okay, let me see if I have this correct...Pederson returns to Pitt after doing his best to destroy a storied program such as NU? Those idiots north of the Mason-Dixon line actually rehired that freak AFTER everything he did to Nebraska? GIVE ME A BREAK! I was born and raised in Virginia and came to enjoy and respect Nebraska football after I married a Lincoln girl who showed me what tradition in football is all about. I will say this about those "Damn Yankees:" they desreve Pederson for all they did to my beloved Old Dominion 1861-1865 and for what he did to NU. Please, don't get me wrong: Nebraska might not be my home state, but I have come to love the state. My wife's grandmother lived in Springview and the long drive from Lincoln to there was simply beautiful, particularly in the fall. I find Nebraska to be a beautiful state with a great deal to offer. As a history teacher, I appreciate the fact that people, many who were from the south as I am, traveled across the country long, long ago, and settled a land that was harsh. They sacrificed, they worked together, and they came to love and to depend on their neighbors. In most respect, neighbors became family, or something very close to family as it became ever so clear that in order to survive, everyone would need to help out. Despite the hardships, people continued to settle in Nebraska from very state in the Union and from any number of nations across the globe. They made it work and in the process they forged a way of life that became special and unique. They created a brand of people who worked hard, that expected YOU to work hard too, to pitch in, and who also gave when a neighbor needed it. Every chance was given and every opportunity was willingly and cheerfully provided to succeed, but if you cheated those who braved the Indian wars, the ever-changing weather, or, perhaps, most importantly, a friend or family member, then the people who settled Nebraska made it clear that you had just lost your last opportunity to ever again take advantage of the very person (or people, community, or family) who had reached out to help you. For those who left but returned, a hardy and heartfelt welcome was provided, just as it is today when I, an easterner by birth, visit my inlaws in Lincoln. Later, again through hard work, perseverance, and, above all, dedication, the same people, and their sons and grandsons created a special university with a special football team where only the best was accepted. That, my midwestern friends, is why I stand amazed, yet happy, in a sense, that Pittsburgh rehired Pederson. He was NEVER the best, he was NEVER a real fit, and he although he called himself a son of the NEbraska, he NEVER had a true sense of what Nebraska football means to the good people of the Cornhusker State. If he had any real inkling of tradition or home pride, then why leave and go back to the north? Why not stay and prove to the people fo Nebraska that he was sorry for what he did not only to the school but to one of the best teams ever in college football? Why not stay and somehow, someway, atone for his mistakes? Nebraskans, I am sure, would have forgiven him after a while (my wife has certainly forgiven me for the stupid mistakes I've made!). Pederson cheated you, Nebraska, and you have every right to be angry. He cheated family. So, here's to you University of Pittsburgh: You can have that converted Yankee back.

Okay, let me see if I have this correct...Pederson returns to Pitt after doing his best to destroy a storied program such as NU? Those idiots north of the Mason-Dixon line actually rehired that freak AFTER everything he did to Nebraska? GIVE ME A BREAK! I was born and raised in Virginia and came to enjoy and respect Nebraska football after I married a Lincoln girl who showed me what tradition in football is all about. I will say this about those "Damn Yankees:" they desreve Pederson for all they did to my beloved Old Dominion 1861-1865 and for what he did to NU. Please, don't get me wrong: Nebraska might not be my home state, but I have come to love the state. My wife's grandmother lived in Springview and the long drive from Lincoln to there was simply beautiful, particularly in the fall. I find Nebraska to be a beautiful state with a great deal to offer. As a history teacher, I appreciate the fact that people, many who were from the south as I am, traveled across the country long, long ago, and settled a land that was harsh. They sacrificed, they worked together, and they came to love and to depend on their neighbors. In most respect, neighbors became family, or something very close to family as it became ever so clear that in order to survive, everyone would need to help out. Despite the hardships, people continued to settle in Nebraska from very state in the Union and from any number of nations across the globe. They made it work and in the process they forged a way of life that became special and unique. They created a brand of people who worked hard, that expected YOU to work hard too, to pitch in, and who also gave when a neighbor needed it. Every chance was given and every opportunity was willingly and cheerfully provided to succeed, but if you cheated those who braved the Indian wars, the ever-changing weather, or, perhaps, most importantly, a friend or family member, then the people who settled Nebraska made it clear that you had just lost your last opportunity to ever again take advantage of the very person (or people, community, or family) who had reached out to help you. For those who left but returned, a hardy and heartfelt welcome was provided, just as it is today when I, an easterner by birth, visit my inlaws in Lincoln. Later, again through hard work, perseverance, and, above all, dedication, the same people, and their sons and grandsons created a special university with a special football team where only the best was accepted. That, my midwestern friends, is why I stand amazed, yet happy, in a sense, that Pittsburgh rehired Pederson. He was NEVER the best, he was NEVER a real fit, and he although he called himself a son of the NEbraska, he NEVER had a true sense of what Nebraska football means to the good people of the Cornhusker State. If he had any real inkling of tradition or home pride, then why leave and go back to the north? Why not stay and prove to the people fo Nebraska that he was sorry for what he did not only to the school but to one of the best teams ever in college football? Why not stay and somehow, someway, atone for his mistakes? Nebraskans, I am sure, would have forgiven him after a while (my wife has certainly forgiven me for the stupid mistakes I've made!). Pederson cheated you, Nebraska, and you have every right to be angry. He cheated family. So, here's to you University of Pittsburgh: You can have that converted Yankee back.

He owes it to every Nebraska fan to re-hire Bill Callahan and Coz. That would be soooo fun to watch. I would be on their website every week. I mean, it only makes sense to me. If Callahan was the greatest college coach there is then why wouldn't Pederson hire him again? Oh boy, that would be fun!